• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof Wash

Terry Miller

This is an example of using a bandit, Simple Cherry & SH 15% . I arrived at 10:45am, set up my equipment, applied chems, rinsed roof, collected $, put equipment away and pulled out at 1:30pm. Was it worth $340.? I believe so. I had no problems, great equipment and chems, and made a profit. Having Vendors who supply us with the right equipment and chems make our job easier and more profitable. This is one way the UAMCC will be helping it's members grow. By providing vendors who care about our businesses and share ideas to grow on. This job is only an example of my daily routine. I sell jobs, estimate, handle customers and do daily paperwork. Having the right tools means as much to me as having the right employee. Without them, we would not grow and possibly flounder. I thank our suppliers for their dedication and willingness to share. Thank You.

Attachments

• Roof cleaning  2008 01625.JPG
    Roof cleaning 2008 01625.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Roof cleaning  2008 01825.JPG
    Roof cleaning 2008 01825.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Roof cleaning  2008 02025.JPG
    Roof cleaning 2008 02025.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 83
  • Roof cleaning  2008 02225.JPG
    Roof cleaning 2008 02225.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Roof cleaning  2008 03425.JPG
    Roof cleaning 2008 03425.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Roof cleaning  2008 03525.JPG
    Roof cleaning 2008 03525.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 69

Terry Miller

Lance,
I wish I had more like it. The customer was very happy with the results. Do you wash roofs? If so, What system are you using? Thank You.

ccpressureclean

Lance,
I wish I had more like it. The customer was very happy with the results. Do you wash roofs? If so, What system are you using? Thank You.

I was using a shurflo set up, but it is on it's last leg, so I just ordered a Delavan. I was seriously considering the Bandit, as I had enough wiggle room in my equipment budget to purchase it, but in the end, decided to go the cheaper route.
I know that when my current trailer goes to the scrape heap, and I have to set up a new rig, I'm definitely adding the Bandit to my operation.

Terry Miller

Lance,
Nice web site. Posting pictures of roofs has to help. I need to post before and afters soon. I really enjoy the ease of use with the bandit. Bob Williamson (PT) has taken us to the next level. We try and stay ahead of our competitors. We are probably a few years ahead of most in our area. Networking is great. We plan on having the same benefits in the UAMCC. Keep up the great work and hope to meet you soon. Thank You.

Scott Millen

Amazing how well the right tools, with the right knowledge, and the right sales method can add to the bottom line isn't it?

Nice work Terry! It's good to see you raising the local bar, before most locals even know there is a service there to sell.

I have Delavans myself, but have used all the other methods except the Bandit. It looks like roof work won't be a big seller in Omaha anytime soon, as way too many demographically attractive rooves will be getting replaced here this year.

Dang this summer's weather! Dang it to heck!:mad:

Terry Miller

Scott,
Thank you for the nice comments. I appreciate them. I, as you said will raise the local bar? Not! I will set it! LOL
The heat here is not good. 88 and 95% humidity. Sucks. I cannot wait to do some RT to see the weather in other parts of the country. We should do one in Calif. because Carlos never has bad weather!!LOL

plainpainter

All I have to say, Terry, is that I am glad you aren't in my area 'setting' the bar. Between bagging gutters - having a ground guy constantly watering vegetation - three hours on a job for 2 guys - $100 in chems - all for a $340?

It's shocking to me how guys like you can do a $1,000 roof cleaning job for a third of the price - and be praised up and down the aisle on these forums. And if you aren't the 'lowballer' - then what the heck would be lowballers' pricing on such a roof? $240? $140?

Carlos Gonzales

All I have to say, Terry, is that I am glad you aren't in my area 'setting' the bar. Between bagging gutters - having a ground guy constantly watering vegetation - three hours on a job for 2 guys - $100 in chems - all for a $340?

It's shocking to me how guys like you can do a $1,000 roof cleaning job for a third of the price - and be praised up and down the aisle on these forums. And if you aren't the 'lowballer' - then what the heck would be lowballers' pricing on such a roof? $240? $140?

First and foremost...fix your sig. line....Thanks. After that then you can start posting!

Are you speaking from a point of an experienced roof cleaning contractor?

How many roofs have you cleaned, Daniel?

Terry Miller

plainpainter,
Sorry you feel that way. If you can get 3X what I charged for the same roof, you are the man. You post on most BBS that I post on. Always the same thing WA WA WA. You always seem to be having problems. You consistantly complain about other businesses and down grade contractors. One sentence you tell everyone how great you are, then the next you are going broke? I won't dwell on this topic, because we all read the posts. As far as pricing, it should always be based on our local economy. I don't pay $4.00 for a gallon of milk, and my home is woth $500,000. in California. Your taxes are not the same as mine and I don't have to shop at wall mart for clothes. Get it? Probably not. Critiquing anyone is a mere form of self flattery? If you are making $1,000. per roof, you definatly should be called plain roofer washer, instead? Only a friendly suggestion. I appreciate your suggestions. I hope you become the King of roof washing. Should be @ $1,000 roof per day X $240,000 for roofs alone. Plus your profitable painting business. Looks like a $1,000,000 company to me. Please post friendly and educated comments as possible. We are all here for the benefit of all. Thank you.

plainpainter

Are you speaking from a point of an experienced roof cleaning contractor?

How many roofs have you cleaned, Daniel?

Don - I have cleaned only one roof so far - and here is a picture of the outcome. It was every bit as dirty as Terry's roof. Being that I have actually replaced roofs i.e. tear-offs and reroofs. I have the all the scaffolding, picks, ladders, planks that goes with roofing - and the experience of actually being up on roofs. So for me - leaning a ladder against this house - and then rolling up a 20 foot section of ladder with a hook-over, so I could walk all the way up the ridge and spray down with my hose fed by a 12volt delavan - proved to be very easy to do - as opposed to me actually having to pitch fork off the roofing shingles.

I bagged all the downspouts Don, cleaned out all the gutters prior {for an extra fee} and had my ground guy spraying all the bushes and siding of this home. I used 40 gallons of 30% strength modified apple sauce - or what I like to call the 'Tambasco' sauce. And applied and reapplied to bad spots that didn't clean up on the first pass. When I was done - I didn't rinse. Just took the bags out hauled them into a container on my trailer - and got $500 for washing the street side of this home. Didn't kill any vegetation nor affect any of the surrounding koi ponds.

So, what do you think Don? BTW - what do you think is a fair price for that job?

Attachments

• Picture 542.jpg
    Picture 542.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 47

Nick Campanale

Don - I have cleaned only one roof so far - and here is a picture of the outcome. It was every bit as dirty as Terry's roof. Being that I have actually replaced roofs i.e. tear-offs and reroofs. I have the all the scaffolding, picks, ladders, planks that goes with roofing - and the experience of actually being up on roofs. So for me - leaning a ladder against this house - and then rolling up a 20 foot section of ladder with a hook-over, so I could walk all the way up the ridge and spray down with my hose fed by a 12volt delavan - proved to be very easy to do - as opposed to me actually having to pitch fork off the roofing shingles.

I bagged all the downspouts Don, cleaned out all the gutters prior {for an extra fee} and had my ground guy spraying all the bushes and siding of this home. I used 40 gallons of 30% strength modified apple sauce - or what I like to call the 'Tambasco' sauce. And applied and reapplied to bad spots that didn't clean up on the first pass. When I was done - I didn't rinse. Just took the bags out hauled them into a container on my trailer - and got $500 for washing the street side of this home. Didn't kill any vegetation nor affect any of the surrounding koi ponds.

So, what do you think Don? BTW - what do you think is a fair price for that job?

There's not much roof surface on that house. If i walked it and shot it with the delvan, i would have charged around $400.00/$450.00 for roof only. It would have taken about 45min to do. I live in FL so i am giving you FL prices for a house that size.

Jeff LeCours

LOL

I missed this thread. First great looking roof job Terry. Great B & A pictures

Dan. I may of charged a little more than Terry, but $1000 LOL.

Last edited: