Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

Thanks Tony.

I hope everyone will read that can read and understand or try to understand that these are the true messages of the CWA, not what people have been sending to regulators or to contractors for decades now with their agendas.

I hope that people will see that it is easy to comply with the CWA, not needing expensive reclaim equipment or very expensive training at places across the country but if people want/need proper training, Jerry's class is an affordable class in proper cleaning methods that are compliant with the CWA, are not expensive, they don't try to speak to you with a bullhorn, they don't try to shove their agenda down your throat, they don't try to alter bmp's to sell equipment or other nonsense like that.

Jerry's class is a simple class that will help you understand the CWA, prpoer cleaning methods and how easily you can comply with as little as maybe a hundred or couple hundred dollars in additional supplies to keep wash water out of the US bodies of water. Many times it is simpler to do and cost even less. I would highly recommend people that have not taken his class to go, especially people that have been lied to by others in this industry, manipulated by them or have had contact with them for any amount of time because they might have been brainwashed or "consulted" and not know the truth that is being spread here on this site so the real truth can be known by all.

Jerry does offer this class at many conventions, round tables and contractor meetings around the country several times a year. I am not paid to say good things about his class, I have taken it twice and know how good it is, just trying to help other contractors see the real truth out there and understand that doing the right thing will not be expensive or cost a fortune.

Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post
    The CWA was not just created for huge companies, corporations, and municipalities. It was simply a way to create law where we could clean up our national waters. Think of the CWA as the law and the EPA is the enforcement behind it. Sure that the bigger companies were dumping more, but that doesn't mean the little guy wasn't.

Also over a dozen little guys dumping pollution into the water is just as bad as one big company. We can all do our part to our waters clean.

It's ignorant to think that one's waste water (no matter how little you may think it is) is
    insignificant. You're just adding to the million gallons of waste water and thats where the problem is.

Also its good to remember where we each live and work. There are reason why certain places have stricter enforcements than others. From reading what I have so far I've come to the realization that it is sometimes based on what waterways are nearby. If you live in the desert (per-say) the waste water will more then likely dry up, thus never reaching the waters. So you have a lesser enforcement. However if you are working near say a bay or a body of water where the city depends on the water for survival then that's when stricter enforcement are required.

Basic law here is that as one person may not be the cause of the pollution, but may be adding to it. How this applies to us as pressure washers depends greatly on where you live and what regulations are already in place. Just like laws, regulations will adapt and change. We can do our part and speak with our regulators making sure they understand what we do as pressure washers.
    How many times have you read the clean water act?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

That was an overview and a brief history about the CWA. Not hard to comprehend. I've read the CWA a few times as it pertains to what I do.

It's also good to remember the The CWA is a basis of guidelines for regulators to follow. Information given by anyone maybe false especially if you are in a different area, doesn't mean they are lying. It is each our own responsibility to find out what regulations are in our area. If anyone says you can or can not do something you need to find out for yourself if you can or can't. Also if you are giving information out make sure that they understand that you are speaking about your area and remind them that it is their responsibility to find out the facts for their area.

Kris if the large entities hadn't been polluting the waterways there would have been no need for the CWA. And you might still be operating under the false assumption that pressure washers are polluters. They are not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Tony Evans
    tony@anewviewia.com
    319-325-9475
    Sent from my S4
    Tony Evans
    A New View Exterior Cleaning
    UAMCC Vice President
    319-325-9475 Call or Text
    tony@anewviewia.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBbO8DjLQU

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Evans View Post
    Kris if the large entities hadn't been polluting the waterways there would have been no need for the CWA. And you might still be operating under the false assumption that pressure washers are polluters. They are not. Quite the opposite in fact.
    By that logic then I guess it would be okay for me to change my oil in my truck and just dump it in a lake, right. Or maybe take my used tire and swing that in the ocean as well. right? I mean it's only a small amount of used oil, and what's one tire gonna do? You think because it's small it doesn't matter well why don't you times that by the hundreds of thousands that do the same thing you are insulating.

No I don't think that pressure washers are polluters. In fact I think it's part of the solution. Keeping a place clean can help the environment.

Need to understand that we as species are polluters. There is no exception to this we all pollute one way or another, and luckily for us and our future generation this pollution is being controlled by the EPA with The CWA. It is with education that we can convince the EPA we are part of the solution, not the problem.

You know Kris I can't keep up with your circular logic. In one post you said the CWA wasn't created just for those larger entities. I strongly disagree. It was created solely for the purpose of dealing with the runaway pollution caused by those entities. All the pressure cleaners in the world couldn't pollute the waterways as much as one of the major entities the CWA was created to deal with.
    Now do I advocate randomly polluting the environment? No. But I'm also not stupid enough to believe ridiculous theories like "nothing down the drain but rain" or that what pressure cleaners do is cosmetic cleaning, or another dumb one - hot water is an emulsifier. It's a lot of common sense and not being fooled by a slick salesman that is what is needed. Thankfully Tony and the other UAMCC leaders are taking the lies seriously and helping educate instead of deceive.
    Tony Evans
    A New View Exterior Cleaning
    UAMCC Vice President
    319-325-9475 Call or Text
    tony@anewviewia.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBbO8DjLQU

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Evans View Post
    You know Kris I can't keep up with your circular logic. In one post you said the CWA wasn't created just for those larger entities. I strongly disagree. It was created solely for the purpose of dealing with the runaway pollution caused by those entities. All the pressure cleaners in the world couldn't pollute the waterways as much as one of the major entities the CWA was created to deal with.
    You need to read more. Here's a series of questions.
    How many Pressure washers do think there are in the US?
    How many gallons of water (on average) does your regular washer use in a day?
    Can you multiply that number?

If you wanna keep thinking that your small amount of pollution doesn't matter you go right ahead and think that. It's that way of thinking and practices that gets these stricter regulations put in place. There are reason why they put stricter regulations in place. If you'll giving them a reason to make stricter regulations then yes of course they will.

Also it's good to remember education.

Educate yourself.

Educate your clients.

Educate your water authorities.

Allow your water Authorities to Educate you.

I can't stress this enough to everyone... EDUCATE, EDUCATE, AND EDUCATE. Read a page, a paragraph, do something where you are learning. Once you stop educating yourself you stop evolving.

While I'm not going to get into a large discussion about the CWA (which I have no problem with) it was established because of unregulated Industrial and Municipal waste water discharge. I believe it was brought to the forefront of the public when a river actually caught fire in New Jersey or New York. The CWA are regulations enforced by the EPA. The EPA is really only concerned with Industrial & Municipal violations, this is on the Federal level, with major fines.

States, County, Cities environmental regulations are governed by their own "DWQ" Division Of Water Quality (or some other name variation) the CWA is also a "Base Guideline" for their regulations. The regulations of the CWA are a "Minimum Standard" States, Counties, or Cities can (And do) go above and beyond the minimum standards of the CWA.........different States, Counties, Cities (May) have different regulations, some mirror the CWA, some go way beyond.

As Professionals, we have an obligation to protect the environment we "May" impact, as business owners and Americans we have the obligation and right to speak out against over regulation and interference from outside sources that don't act our best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post
    Also it's good to remember education.

Educate yourself.

Educate your clients.

Educate your water authorities.

Allow your water Authorities to Educate you.

I can't stress this enough to everyone... EDUCATE, EDUCATE, AND EDUCATE. Read a page, a paragraph, do something where you are learning. Once you stop educating yourself you stop evolving.
    I totally agree Kris!

• Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information