Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    Kris you totally misunderstood me. I was simply comparing the fact that there is no way you can classify the pressure cleaning industry in the same way as the industries that were the reason for the CWA.

    Tony Evans
    tony@anewviewia.com
    319-325-9475
    Sent from my S4
    Tony Evans
    A New View Exterior Cleaning
    UAMCC President
    319-325-9475 Call or Text
    tony@anewviewia.com

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBbO8DjLQU





  • #22

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    You can not compare what one pressure washer is doing against a big corporation, but you can however compare many pressure washer who are polluting against a big corporation. The clean water act was created to protect the waters of the US, PERIOD!!! It wasn't created for sole purpose of picking on the big man. However it was the actions of these big companies that polluted the water that started the process. IT IS NOT THE SOLE REASON. You need to understand that.

    I would define a pressure washer who is a polluter as someone who is not obeying the regulations in their area. Think of it as this as well if you'd like; someone breaking the law is classified as criminal. I do not think that all Pressure washers are criminals/polluters. Are there some out there that do pollute and don't follow regulations? Probably. But I don't think us as an entire industry are polluters.

  • #23

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    That's where you and I disagree. Pressure washers collectively couldn't have done that amount of damage. Tony explained it already and you didn't seem to get it then either.

    Tony Evans
    tony@anewviewia.com
    319-325-9475
    Sent from my S4
    Tony Evans
    A New View Exterior Cleaning
    UAMCC President
    319-325-9475 Call or Text
    tony@anewviewia.com

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBbO8DjLQU





  • #24

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    Here we go again, if only the message can make it make it into the brain and people understand it instead of questioning it and mis-interpreting it we all would be further along than we are now. Wow! I really cannot believe this is happening again, just on another site. Wow!

  • #25

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    What amount of damage?

    You need to consider the variables involved from place to place. Put it this way. If you dump a gallon of oil into a lake and another company comes in and dumps a hundred gallons of oil, does that mean you're not a polluter because now they are a bigger one? NO, you are still a polluter no matter how much you're dumping. You keep thinking "Well it's only a gallon of oil, it won't matter." If you're thinking that it means others are thinking it as well.

  • #26

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    See questions below quotes:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post


    Also over a dozen little guys dumping pollution into the water is just as bad as one big company. We can all do our part to our waters clean.

    1) What is pollution as defined by the EPA? - Here's a little help from the Clean Water Act. - 1251 a (3)it is the national policy that the discharge of toxic pollutants in toxic amounts be prohibited;

    2) What toxic pollutants are you using during your course of business, in toxic amounts, that need to be regulated? - Here, this might help-


    • Acenaphthene
    • Acrolein
    • Acrylonitrile
    • Benzene
    • Benzidine
    • Carbon tetrachloride
    • Chlorobenzene
    • 1,2,4-trichlorobenzene
    • Hexachlorobenzene
    • 1,2-dichloroethane
    • 1,1,1-trichloreothane
    • Hexachloroethane
    • 1,1-dichloroethane
    • 1,1,2-trichloroethane
    • 1,1,2,2-tetrachloroethane
    • Chloroethane
    • REMOVED
    • Bis(2-chloroethyl) ether
    • 2-chloroethyl vinyl ethers
    • 2-chloronaphthalene
    • 2,4,6-trichlorophenol
    • Parachlorometa cresol
    • Chloroform
    • 2-chlorophenol
    • 1,2-dichlorobenzene
    • 1,3-dichlorobenzene
    • 1,4-dichlorobenzene
    • 3,3-dichlorobenzidine
    • 1,1-dichloroethylene
    • 1,2-trans-dichloroethylene
    • 2,4-dichlorophenol
    • 1,2-dichloropropane
    • 1,2-dichloropropylene
    • 2,4-dimethylphenol
    • 2,4-dinitrotoluene
    • 2,6-dinitrotoluene
    • 1,2-diphenylhydrazine
    • Ethylbenzene
    • Fluoranthene
    • 4-chlorophenyl phenyl ether
    • 4-bromophenyl phenyl ether
    • Bis(2-chloroisopropyl) ether
    • Bis(2-chloroethoxy) methane
    • Methylene chloride
    • Methyl chloride
    • Methyl bromide
    • Bromoform
    • Dichlorobromomethane
    • REMOVED
    • REMOVED
    • Chlorodibromomethane
    • Hexachlorobutadiene
    • Hexachlorocyclopentadiene
    • Isophorone
    • Naphthalene
    • Nitrobenzene
    • 2-nitrophenol
    • 4-nitrophenol
    • 2,4-dinitrophenol
    • 4,6-dinitro-o-cresol
    • N-nitrosodimethylamine
    • N-nitrosodiphenylamine
    • N-nitrosodi-n-propylamine
    • Pentachlorophenol
    • Phenol
    • Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate
    • Butyl benzyl phthalate
    • Di-N-Butyl Phthalate
    • Di-n-octyl phthalate
    • Diethyl Phthalate
    • Dimethyl phthalate
    • benzo(a) anthracene
    • Benzo(a)pyrene
    • Benzo(b) fluoranthene
    • Benzo(k) fluoranthene
    • Chrysene
    • Acenaphthylene
    • Anthracene
    • Benzo(ghi) perylene
    • Fluorene
    • Phenanthrene
    • Dibenzo(,h) anthracene
    • Indeno (1,2,3-cd) pyrene
    • Pyrene
    • Tetrachloroethylene
    • Toluene
    • Trichloroethylene
    • Vinyl chloride
    • Aldrin
    • Dieldrin
    • Chlordane
    • 4,4-DDT
    • 4,4-DDE
    • 4,4-DDD
    • Alpha-endosulfan
    • Beta-endosulfan
    • Endosulfan sulfate
    • Endrin
    • Endrin aldehyde
    • Heptachlor
    • Heptachlor epoxide
    • Alpha-BHC
    • Beta-BHC
    • Gamma-BHC
    • Delta-BHC
    • PCB–1242 (Arochlor 1242)
    • PCB–1254 (Arochlor 1254)
    • PCB–1221 (Arochlor 1221)
    • PCB–1232 (Arochlor 1232)
    • PCB–1248 (Arochlor 1248)
    • PCB–1260 (Arochlor 1260)
    • PCB–1016 (Arochlor 1016)
    • Toxaphene
    • Antimony
    • Arsenic
    • Asbestos
    • Beryllium
    • Cadmium
    • Chromium
    • Copper
    • Cyanide, Total
    • Lead
    • Mercury
    • Nickel
    • Selenium
    • Silver
    • Thallium
    • Zinc
    • 2,3,7,8-TCDD

    Which of these do you bring on site and use to clean? I just brought this up to bring it to you attention, because as many times as you have read the CWA and related documents I'm sure you already knew all this information.




    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post
    ...... I've read the CWA a few times as it pertains to what I do.

    It's also good to remember the The CWA is a basis of guidelines for regulators to follow. Information given by anyone maybe false especially if you are in a different area, doesn't mean they are lying. It is each our own responsibility to find out what regulations are in our area. If anyone says you can or can not do something you need to find out for yourself if you can or can't. Also if you are giving information out make sure that they understand that you are speaking about your area and remind them that it is their responsibility to find out the facts for their area.
    1) Please post all areas of the CWA the "pertain" to what you do. It should be pretty easy since you are so familiar with it.

    2) Did anyone help you write this Kristopher or did you just copy it off Jim's signature? Federal law is federal law. The local authorities strive to follow federal law. When they are inundated with false information about what we do, like insinuating the we are polluting, they have a fiduciary duty to follow up and do their best to eliminate threats. The idea that a powerwasher, an environmental cleaner by trade, has a negative impact on the environment except in rare cases of pure disregard is ludicrous. The mere fact that most cleaners use "green" cleaning agents when actual toxic chemicals would do a much faster and better job and make us more money should be a clue that we are more environmentally conscious than most.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post
    By that logic then I guess it would be okay for me to change my oil in my truck and just dump it in a lake, right. Or maybe take my used tire and swing that in the ocean as well. right? I mean it's only a small amount of used oil, and what's one tire gonna do? You think because it's small it doesn't matter well why don't you times that by the hundreds of thousands that do the same thing you are insulating.

    Need to understand that we as species are polluters. There is no exception to this we all pollute one way or another, and luckily for us and our future generation this pollution is being controlled by the EPA with The CWA. It is with education that we can convince the EPA we are part of the solution, not the problem.
    1) How many pressure washers have you ever met who advocated this type of behavior? I've never met one. As a matter of fact, the pressure washers I associate with are far more environmentally conscious than the average Joe changing oil on his truck. Even mentioning something like this makes me wonder what kind of environment you live in there in California.

    2) We are all polluters? Again, what kind of world do you live in? We are human beings. We exhale carbon dioxide. We live in civilized societies. We are the only species on the planet that doesn't crap in the river. Your line of reasoning is ludicrous and nothing more than propaganda you were fed in school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post
    You need to read more. Here's a series of questions.
    How many Pressure washers do think there are in the US?
    How many gallons of water (on average) does your regular washer use in a day?
    Can you multiply that number?

    If you wanna keep thinking that your small amount of pollution doesn't matter you go right ahead and think that. It's that way of thinking and practices that gets these stricter regulations put in place. There are reason why they put stricter regulations in place. If you'll giving them a reason to make stricter regulations then yes of course they will.

    1) Funny you should ask that. If you bothered to take the time to educate yourself in regards to the discussions we have been having for over 4 years now you may have found this thread which talks about that very issue. http://www.propowerwash.com/board/up...highlight=mead . If you had taken the time to study, like you said you were going to do you could have saved yourself the embarrassment of looking like someone who doesn't have a clue. Or perhaps you would like to do the math and propose an alternative theory about the amount of runoff pressure washers have.

    2) So this is why stricter regulations get put in place? Because we explain the fact that our industry produces a net positive impact on the environment by removing trash, debris, grease and oils before they can run down the storm drain during massive rainstorms? You need to find someone with an education to help you write these responses. Hint - Garage cleaners or vendors with an agenda to raise prices are not the sharpest tacks in the box.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post
    You can not compare what one pressure washer is doing against a big corporation, but you can however compare many pressure washer who are polluting against a big corporation. The clean water act was created to protect the waters of the US, PERIOD!!! It wasn't created for sole purpose of picking on the big man. However it was the actions of these big companies that polluted the water that started the process. IT IS NOT THE SOLE REASON. You need to understand that.

    I would define a pressure washer who is a polluter as someone who is not obeying the regulations in their area. Think of it as this as well if you'd like; someone breaking the law is classified as criminal. I do not think that all Pressure washers are criminals/polluters. Are there some out there that do pollute and don't follow regulations? Probably. But I don't think us as an entire industry are polluters.

    1) See the previous remark, then look in the mirror and ask yourself. "Am I really looking to be educated about the clean water act and the EPA, or do I just like to repeat the false presumptions of others with equal ignorance about the law?"

    2) If you have a question please ask. If you think you already know the answers, please cite the references instead of just throwing out statements that have no basis in fact.

    I spoke to you on the phone the other day. You asked me to help you find your OWN BMPs so I emailed them to you with explanations. Now all the sudden you are an expert on what the CWA is and why it was created and who it targets. It's a miracle! lol.
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477





    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

  • #27

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post
    By that logic then I guess it would be okay for me to change my oil in my truck and just dump it in a lake, right. Or maybe take my used tire and swing that in the ocean as well. right? I mean it's only a small amount of used oil, and what's one tire gonna do? You think because it's small it doesn't matter well why don't you times that by the hundreds of thousands that do the same thing you are insulating.


    He is not insinuating that at all, you need to re-read what he wrote and try to understand what he is saying.



    No I don't think that pressure washers are polluters. In fact I think it's part of the solution. Keeping a place clean can help the environment.


    We really need to stop using that word as the manipulators and liars out there are using that word to say lies and false information about contractors and trying to get regulators to change regulations to make them more strict. I am not a polluter and most on these forums are not polluters so let's stop using that word as it does not do anyone any good. Here you got me saying it now.


    Need to understand that we as species are polluters. There is no exception to this we all pollute one way or another, and luckily for us and our future generation this pollution is being controlled by the EPA with The CWA. It is with education that we can convince the EPA we are part of the solution, not the problem.

    It is an uphill battle to show the EPA that we are a solution when there are people out there telling the EPA, city officials and regulators that we are the opposite and they have been doing this for decades as the proof shows in many forums out there. If we all can stop using that word and show the industry and everyone else out there that we are environmental cleaners, things will start to be better and go in the right direction further.

  • #28

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell View Post
    Here we go again, if only the message can make it make it into the brain and people understand it instead of questioning it and mis-interpreting it we all would be further along than we are now. Wow! I really cannot believe this is happening again, just on another site. Wow!
    So I'm supposed to just understand it and not ask questions? The whole basis of this thread is based on one's perception, and I'm supposed to sit back and say "okay well if he says that it must be law and fact?" Nah I don't think so. I question everything because it matters. I collect information from many sources never just one. These sources could be from individuals, to websites, to books, and many other kinds. It is my responsibility to make sure the information I receive is factual with-in my area. If you want to rely on one source for you obeying regulations then by all means you have that right. But then what happens if that source didn't cover a specific area that your regulators wanted? Are you going to tell your regulator. "Well, uh... my one source said I could do this and I would be okay" Again go ahead and say that to your regulator when he's writing you a ticket for not following regulations.

  • #29

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Pettitt View Post
    You need to read more. Here's a series of questions.
    How many Pressure washers do think there are in the US?
    How many gallons of water (on average) does your regular washer use in a day?
    Can you multiply that number?


    Who is lying to you and saying that every contractor out there is polluting? ? ? Really?

    I know many contractors around the country and been to their houses, their jobs and seen them work and I have not seen any contractor I have visited do any polluting, just the opposite, they are cleaning up pollution and making the place cleaner, safer and more sanitary.

    By saying that contractors are polluting, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

    You need to quit listening to whoever is lying to you as I don't know of anyone or heard of any contractor on the forum that is out there polluting, we are all cleaning up pollution. By just repeating like a parrot that contractors are polluting, are polluters and other such nonsense, you are making things worse, you are part of the problem and are not doing anything to help. I am not a polluter and nobody I know is a polluter so quit saying those lies and listening to the liars out there that are filling your head with this nonsense and lies.


    If you wanna keep thinking that your small amount of pollution doesn't matter you go right ahead and think that. It's that way of thinking and practices that gets these stricter regulations put in place. There are reason why they put stricter regulations in place. If you'll giving them a reason to make stricter regulations then yes of course they will.
    Here you go again calling someone a polluter, when will this nonsense stop? Really?

    Why do you feel that you have to attack someone's character and accuse them of polluting when they are cleaning pollution and trying to help the problem?

    Why would you do this? Obviously you are trying to make things harder for the rest of us that are trying to do the right thing, we don't need anyone out there calling us polluters or accusing us of making pollution when we are doing the opposite. Wow!


    I think you need to travel to conventions, round tables and other gatherings of contractors so you can see with your own eyes how it really is out in the world instead of listening to the liars and manipulators putting this nonsense into your head.

    How many more times in this thread and others are you going to call us polluters or accuse people you don't know, have not seen in person working or have seen on video of polluting?



    This thread is about trying to educate people, yourself included about the truth out there but you are using this thread to call contractors polluters and accuse them of polluting. This type of nonsense needs to stop as it is not only un-professional but shows you know nothing of contractors out in the real world but want to accuse people you don't know a polluter according to the liars and manipulators you listen to and allow them to fill your head with the lies and nonsense.

    You really need to stop this nonsense before you upset more contractors.

  • #30

    Default Re: Environmental Law for Pressure Washers - The Clean Water Act - What the heck is it?

    Great posts as usual Guy, thanks.

  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO