• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

A little Industry 'bump and grind'!

Carlos Gonzales

I wanted to start this thread first of all to let everyone know that reads this that even the members of the UAMCC Transition Team will be reading this for the first time. I am posting this because over the last couple of weeks I have sensed a desire to speak on wide range of topics that directly or indirectly impact the UAMCC.

Over the last year the UAMCC has traveled across all corners of this country, from as far west in Sacramento onto the east coast in Allentown and as far south to New Orleans. Each and every one of you have shared your stories of how you first entered the washing industry, you spoke of your struggles that you face today as a business owner. We all gathered under the same roof to hear the plan and the direction that the UAMCC has embark on. I spoke of transparency during the many stops the UAMCC made in the summer of 2008. I challenged the industry to permit the UAMCC the latitude it needed to establish itself from within in order to create a national association that would truly represent the needs of the pressure washing contractor nationwide.

As the UAMCC Transition Team zigged-zagged across the United States, I came away from each Round Table with an unyielding belief that we were accomplishing what we set out to do from day one. This belief still stands true today and I say that with my utmost faith and confidence. You not only have welcomed the UAMCC in your cities and towns but you have allowed us in your homes via the participation in The Grime Scene, PT State, Pressure Washing Institute, Roof Cleaning Forums, The Power Wash Network, UAMCC and many more. The owners/administrators of these BBS’s offered the UAMCC unconditional access to each of these forums. Beth – Thank You. Bob – Thank You. Ron/Russ – Thank You. Don – Thank You. Mark – Thank You. Your assistance is greatly appreciated and has not gone unnoticed.

Over the last year it has been my privilege to work with a fine group of guys. Each one of these individuals has brought and continues to bring unique skill sets to the UAMCC. We are eight men that at times don’t see eye to eye on everything but overall we have worked very hard together to accomplish our goals and task ~ that is to finish what we started. I must elaborate for a second and discuss what Ken Fenner has done for the UAMCC. His contribution to the UAMCC has been nothing but honorable. He has shown me over the last 10 months that his heart and soul is genuine. There has not been one instance during his tenure where he even discussed deviating from the UAMCC original plan and that is to establish this “For Contractors….By Contractors”. Some of you reading this may not understand my direct points about Ken. That is okay because it is not for you to understand. However, for those that do understand I encourage you to get to know him for whom he really is verses what you may think. I appreciate it and I am sure he does also!

The last 12 months have not been perfect. There are times when I look back and I've said, "you know I wouldn't have done that if I had thought about it a little bit more." We tried to argue issues and not engage in personal attacks. We've been fierce in defending what we feel is the right course for the UAMCC but we've tried to make sure that we are always reminding our supporters that all of us are in this together. I will be the first to admit that we have stumbled a couple times in the BBS Department. It’s a new board with new ideas and strategies that has a national association name attached to it.

Knowing what I know today, I have a renewed respect for those that serve as administrators on the other BBS’s. I am asking you to let us work out the kinks before you rush to judgment. There will be some changes in the upcoming weeks on the BBS. Some will be made independently by me and some will involve the entire TT. Again, the TT members are reading this for the first time so guys…stand by!

I know there's a cynicism out there about whether the UAMCC can happen, and there's reason for it. Every couple of years plans impacting our industry are offered up with great fanfare and promise. But once the fanfare ends the plans collapse under the weight of the attitude that “this is how it is”.

For too long, this debate has been stunted by what I call the smallness of our industry - the idea that there isn't much we can agree on or do about the major challenges facing our industry. And when some try to propose something bold, the interests groups and the “by standers” treat it like a sporting event, with each side keeping score of who's up and who's down, using fear and divisiveness and other cheap tricks to win their argument, even if we lose our solution in the process.

Well we can't afford another disappointing charade. It's not only tiresome, it's wrong. Wrong when a washing contractor haves to layoff their employees because he can't afford to pay them. Wrong when a contractor is told he can’t wash because there is a drought but the lakes are full. Wrong when a distributor wants to advertise his products but is ridiculed for doing so. Wrong when an industry cannot join together as one and tackle the issues together.

We tried to communicate for these last year that we can't afford the same set backs, the same tactics that pit us against one another, that make us speak negatively about each other. We can't afford that anymore. Not this time. Despite what some people may want you to believe, there are no fake parts of UAMCC and there will be no fake parts of our industry. I say this to my Transition Team, should the occasion arise that I feel compelled to open the doors wider on our BBS and in the industry to gain a better understanding of our future customers then that is the path that I will take without hesitation. As I promised you so did I promise the industry that this organization will take the approach of being inclusive vs. exclusive.

The UAMCC will be launched in true form in less than 75 days. I must say there is excitement around the benefits, the website, the marketing, and the opportunities for all that will be involved with the UAMCC.

Please look for some very important announcements in the next week or two. Thank you for your time. If anyone has any questions about the UAMCC, please feel free to call me directly at 707.812.3702.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gene Fivel

As a potential member I appreciate all the hard work that has been done by all involved. Looking forward to hearing more in the coming days.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Just doing my part to promote the Org...

I wanted to start this thread first of all to let everyone know that reads this that even the members of the UAMCC Transition Team will be reading this for the first time. I am posting this because over the last couple of weeks I have sensed a desire to speak on wide range of topics that directly or indirectly impact the UAMCC.

Over the last year the UAMCC has traveled across all corners of this country, from as far west in Sacramento onto the east coast in Allentown and as far south to New Orleans. Each and every one of you have shared your stories of how you first entered the washing industry, you spoke of your struggles that you face today as a business owner. We all gathered under the same roof to hear the plan and the direction that the UAMCC has embark on. I spoke of transparency during the many stops the UAMCC made in the summer of 2008. I challenged the industry to permit the UAMCC the latitude it needed to establish itself from within in order to create a national association that would truly represent the needs of the pressure washing contractor nationwide.

As the UAMCC Transition Team zigged-zagged across the United States, I came away from each Round Table with an unyielding belief that we were accomplishing what we set out to do from day one. This belief still stands true today and I say that with my utmost faith and confidence. You not only have welcomed the UAMCC in your cities and towns but you have allowed us in your homes via the participation in The Grime Scene, PT State, Pressure Washing Institute, Roof Cleaning Forums, The Power Wash Network, UAMCC and many more. The owners/administrators of these BBS’s offered the UAMCC unconditional access to each of these forums. Beth – Thank You. Bob – Thank You. Ron/Russ – Thank You. Don – Thank You. Mark – Thank You. Your assistance is greatly appreciated and has not gone unnoticed.

Over the last year it has been my privilege to work with a fine group of guys. Each one of these individuals has brought and continues to bring unique skill sets to the UAMCC. We are eight men that at times don’t see eye to eye on everything but overall we have worked very hard together to accomplish our goals and task ~ that is to finish what we started. I must elaborate for a second and discuss what Ken Fenner has done for the UAMCC. His contribution to the UAMCC has been nothing but honorable. He has shown me over the last 10 months that his heart and soul is genuine. There has not been one instance during his tenure where he even discussed deviating from the UAMCC original plan and that is to establish this “For Contractors….By Contractors”. Some of you reading this may not understand my direct points about Ken. That is okay because it is not for you to understand. However, for those that do understand I encourage you to get to know him for whom he really is verses what you may think. I appreciate it and I am sure he does also!

The last 12 months have not been perfect. There are times when I look back and I've said, "you know I wouldn't have done that if I had thought about it a little bit more." We tried to argue issues and not engage in personal attacks. We've been fierce in defending what we feel is the right course for the UAMCC but we've tried to make sure that we are always reminding our supporters that all of us are in this together. I will be the first to admit that we have stumbled a couple times in the BBS Department. It’s a new board with new ideas and strategies that has a national association name attached to it.

Knowing what I know today, I have a renewed respect for those that serve as administrators on the other BBS’s. I am asking you to let us work out the kinks before you rush to judgment. There will be some changes in the upcoming weeks on the BBS. Some will be made independently by me and some will involve the entire TT. Again, the TT members are reading this for the first time so guys…stand by!

I know there's a cynicism out there about whether the UAMCC can happen, and there's reason for it. Every couple of years plans impacting our industry are offered up with great fanfare and promise. But once the fanfare ends the plans collapse under the weight of the attitude that “this is how it is”.

For too long, this debate has been stunted by what I call the smallness of our industry - the idea that there isn't much we can agree on or do about the major challenges facing our industry. And when some try to propose something bold, the interests groups and the “by standers” treat it like a sporting event, with each side keeping score of who's up and who's down, using fear and divisiveness and other cheap tricks to win their argument, even if we lose our solution in the process.

Well we can't afford another disappointing charade. It's not only tiresome, it's wrong. Wrong when a washing contractor haves to layoff their employees because he can't afford to pay them. Wrong when a contractor is told he can’t wash because there is a drought but the lakes are full. Wrong when a distributor wants to advertise his products but is ridiculed for doing so. Wrong when an industry cannot join together as one and tackle the issues together.

We tried to communicate for these last year that we can't afford the same set backs, the same tactics that pit us against one another, that make us speak negatively about each other. We can't afford that anymore. Not this time. Despite what some people may want you to believe, there are no fake parts of UAMCC and there will be no fake parts of our industry. I say this to my Transition Team, should the occasion arise that I feel compelled to open the doors wider on our BBS and in the industry to gain a better understanding of our future customers then that is the path that I will take without hesitation. As I promised you so did I promise the industry that this organization will take the approach of being inclusive vs. exclusive.

The UAMCC will be launched in true form in less than 75 days. I must say there is excitement around the benefits, the website, the marketing, and the opportunities for all that will be involved with the UAMCC.

Please look for some very important announcements in the next week or two. Thank you for your time. If anyone has any questions about the UAMCC, please feel free to call me directly at 707.812.3702.

Thanks Jon but we got it...I changed your font...way too big!