• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

apartment complex

Jeremy Pate

Ok so i was contacted to clean a pretty nice apartment complex.
They are just looking to get the breezeways cleaned.
Floor, walls, and underside roof.
These are 3 story tall apartment buildings, so 3 breezeways per building.
In total, there are 56 breezeways.
I'm used to doing a sq foot or linear foot price and havent quite mastered the per hour price.
The breezeways are 84 feet in length and for something like this, I would usually charge at least $200 per breezeway, which brings my grand total to $11,200.
Now, this sounds a little high for me, but then again, I've only done a handful of commercial jobs and they were much smaller.
So, they are looking to get this done 4 times a year, so I'm thinking of charging something like $10,500 for the initial cleaning, and $8000 for the rest.
What do you guys think.... too high???
I wish I had taken pics while i was out there...

Jeremy Pate

couldnt find a pic of the insides of the breezeways but heres a couple, 1 shows the length of breezeways and the other shows the entrance.

length....

lakeside villas.jpg

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
A lot will determine on how dirty they are. I bid one last week at 325.00 per breezeway, 3 storys, and they were disgustingly dirty. 11 buildings, 2 breezeways each.Told I was to high and would I consider lowering my price. I explained I would if they wanted to sigh up for regular maintenance. They did not so I dod not lower my price. If the breezeways look fairly maintained and cared for, I.E. the tenants dont appear to drip a lot of garbage, etc. then I would say your pricing and thougst sound good. Good Luck with it and let us know how it goes.

Gene Fivel

Ok so i was contacted to clean a pretty nice apartment complex.
They are just looking to get the breezeways cleaned.
Floor, walls, and underside roof.
These are 3 story tall apartment buildings, so 3 breezeways per building.
In total, there are 56 breezeways.
I'm used to doing a sq foot or linear foot price and havent quite mastered the per hour price.
The breezeways are 84 feet in length and for something like this, I would usually charge at least $200 per breezeway, which brings my grand total to $11,200.
Now, this sounds a little high for me, but then again, I've only done a handful of commercial jobs and they were much smaller.
So, they are looking to get this done 4 times a year, so I'm thinking of charging something like $10,500 for the initial cleaning, and $8000 for the rest.
What do you guys think.... too high???
I wish I had taken pics while i was out there...

Your figures dont ad up 56divided by3=18.66 buildings........2500 sq ft perbuildingx.10=250 per buildingx 18= 4500.00..........2500 sq x.20 =9000.00.........we get 300.00 per building x 18 = 5400.00

Your price IS too high

Jeremy Pate

A lot will determine on how dirty they are. I bid one last week at 325.00 per breezeway, 3 storys, and they were disgustingly dirty. 11 buildings, 2 breezeways each.Told I was to high and would I consider lowering my price. I explained I would if they wanted to sigh up for regular maintenance. They did not so I dod not lower my price. If the breezeways look fairly maintained and cared for, I.E. the tenants dont appear to drip a lot of garbage, etc. then I would say your pricing and thougst sound good. Good Luck with it and let us know how it goes.

Thanks doug. And no these building arent very dirty. The maintenance manager told me they have a little home depot washer and they wash it a couple times a year. He's just looking to get it professionally done if the price is right.

Your figures dont ad up 56divided by3=18.66 buildings........2500 sq ft perbuildingx.10=250 per buildingx 18= 4500.00..........2500 sq x.20 =9000.00.........we get 300.00 per building x 18 = 5400.00

Your price IS too high

sorry gene, I meant to clarify that 1 or 2 buildings were only 2 stories and most of the buildings have 2 or 3 seperate breezeways.
I dont remember exactly how many buildings there were but there were 56 breezeways total.
If a building is 3 stories and has 2 separate breezeways, I'm calling that 6 breezeways.
Not sure where you got the 2500 sq ft from though.

Guy Blackmon

Jeremy, don't count on "We're looking at washing them 4 times a year" been there done that. Breezeways shouldn't take but about 45 mins. to wash and rinse.

Just my .02 but you're a little high.

Gene Fivel

Thanks doug. And no these building arent very dirty. The maintenance manager told me they have a little home depot washer and they wash it a couple times a year. He's just looking to get it professionally done if the price is right.

sorry gene, I meant to clarify that 1 or 2 buildings were only 2 stories and most of the buildings have 2 or 3 seperate breezeways.
I dont remember exactly how many buildings there were but there were 56 breezeways total.
If a building is 3 stories and has 2 separate breezeways, I'm calling that 6 breezeways.
Not sure where you got the 2500 sq ft from though.

Most of the ones I do are 10-12 ft wide x 84 ft Aprox 2500 to 2700 sq ft per building

Andy Hinson

If you haven't, check your water connections. I have been ask to bid on jobs were running extra machines required hooking to washer connection in apartment. I didn't bid