• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Going after flatwork-New Company Needs Your Advice!

Brad Smotherman

UAMCC-Member
Very glad to be a part of the group here.

I am wondering what is the best way to get leads for flatwork. I am going to put our entire marketing model here, so that you guys can critique.

1. Website build out that is geared towards conversion of leads (name, #, email) and SEO to put on the top of Google for local terms only.
2. Asking for demos from restaurant managers 3x/week as we go to lunch.
3. 60 bids/month package from BidSlot
4. Hiring a virtual assistant to do telemarketing...this is in addition to BidSlot to see if we can come up with a lower cost per bid, and a higher revenue per dollar of wage expense. We can call up to 25 businesses per hour with an automated dialer.

As you can see, a large part of our model is based on outside sales. Any advice or critiquing you guys would like to do is certainly appreciated.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Steve Button, Chris Apple, Ron Musgraves are all good guys to talk to about Commercial. hopefully one of them will chime in here and give you some info.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Ok Here is my advice on the points you listed. I mainly do residential, but am getting into the commercial market and have learned a a few thing's about what works and what doesn't. I have found that more important that what works to get you appointments/jobs may not always work for long term income (residual) or sustainable work. I think if you are going to go after "flatwork", you go after only the job's that can get you repeat (contracts) work. Here are my thoughts on the points you listed.

1- for this type of work, a web site is good to have to show legitimacy. Something that your client can go to that show your a legitimate business. BUUTTTT, I have never gotten any type of contract work off my web site.
2 - Great idea and DEMOS Sell....I would shoot for more than just 3 a week and only asking at lunch time.
3 - Have never used Bidslot so can't really help here.
4 - I personally would never hire or do any type of telemarketing.

Gerard Petersen

Ok Here is my advice on the points you listed. I mainly do residential, but am getting into the commercial market and have learned a a few thing's about what works and what doesn't. I have found that more important that what works to get you appointments/jobs may not always work for long term income (residual) or sustainable work. I think if you are going to go after "flatwork", you go after only the job's that can get you repeat (contracts) work. Here are my thoughts on the points you listed.

1- for this type of work, a web site is good to have to show legitimacy. Something that your client can go to that show your a legitimate business. BUUTTTT, I have never gotten any type of contract work off my web site.
2 - Great idea and DEMOS Sell....I would shoot for more than just 3 a week and only asking at lunch time.
3 - Have never used Bidslot so can't really help here.
4 - I personally would never hire or do any type of telemarketing.

Doug,
I'm also looking to focus a little on Commerical cleaning / flatwork. Is there a "best" time to call them? Should you try to schedule a time to do the demo? Last question is what If they already have another company cleaning?