• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

door locks

Jeremy Pate

So I got an email from a client of mine saying that her tenant says I've ruined her door locks.
She told me in the past that the lady was a bit crazy so before I go out and buy new locks, I wanted to check with you guys.
Does bleach mess up door locks?
I've never had this problem in the past.

Derrel Copeland

So I got an email from a client of mine saying that her tenant says I've ruined her door locks.
She told me in the past that the lady was a bit crazy so before I go out and buy new locks, I wanted to check with you guys.
Does bleach mess up door locks?
I've never had this problem in the past.

Might try a little WD-40. In what way were the locks ruined?

Guy Blackmon

I would've tried to spray them first but we always tape door locks. Just a piece of blue painters tape over the lock will save you a lot of grief.

Art Oliveri

I got S/H on a door knob last summer. The tarnish ran down the white door. We couldn't get it off for nothing. Then I put some F9 on a rag and it clean up nice. 123

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Like Guy we always tape them....but we use painters tape and then Duct tape. Years ago we had a couple tarnish on us so we started taping them as well as outlets. Now it's one of those things that set's us apart from the others.

PCS Taping doorss.JPGPCS Taping Doors.JPGPCS Eletrical.JPG

Jeremy Pate

Thanks guys, I ended up going back and wouldn't you know, they all worked perfect.
I've heard of this happening with another local contractor though so I've been taping all of mine ever since..

Dan Dykstra

Contributing Member
We also tape door locks/handles, outlets and cover all lights. This is step one at all job sites for the 2nd person in the truck.

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
I've had issues with the outlets and lights in the past. Especially the cheap lights they seem to tarnish if you even think about bleach. Definitely bag and tape as much as you can that you have any concerns about and rinse them as soon as possible. Its funny how the liquid can always find a way into an area you don't want it to.