Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pre-filter for DI or RO system?

Thread: Pre-filter for DI or RO system?

Default Pre-filter for DI or RO system?

Here we have TDS about 760 most of the year and once in a while I think about putting a DI tank or an RO system on the trailer for spot free rinsing but with the TDS so high, it will not last too long.

I was wondering if there is a such thing as a Pre-Filter to help lower the TDS to make the DI tank or RO system filters last longer.

I have asked some guys that have been cleaning windows for decades and so far nobody I have asked knows about something to lower the TDS so the DI and RO systems will last longer.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or some kind of a Pre-Filter to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Pre-filter for DI or RO system?

Unfortunately there is no way to lower the TDS before the RO however you do have a couple options that can help your RO work more efficiently. In the UK there is a manufacturer that uses a water softener cartridge before their RO cartridge. The TDS may not read lower but the softened water is scrubbed more efficiently by the RO resulting in less TDS for the DI to scrub which extends the life of the DI.
    Steve from J Racenstein knows some cleaners who have implemented this into their set ups. Give him a call and he may be able to get you in contact with them.
    Tony Evans
    A New View Exterior Cleaning
    UAMCC President
    319-325-9475 Call or Text
    tony@anewviewia.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBbO8DjLQU

• Thread Information