• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Pre-filter for DI or RO system?

Chris Chappell

Here we have TDS about 760 most of the year and once in a while I think about putting a DI tank or an RO system on the trailer for spot free rinsing but with the TDS so high, it will not last too long.

I was wondering if there is a such thing as a Pre-Filter to help lower the TDS to make the DI tank or RO system filters last longer.

I have asked some guys that have been cleaning windows for decades and so far nobody I have asked knows about something to lower the TDS so the DI and RO systems will last longer.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or some kind of a Pre-Filter to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Tony Evans

Board of Director
Unfortunately there is no way to lower the TDS before the RO however you do have a couple options that can help your RO work more efficiently. In the UK there is a manufacturer that uses a water softener cartridge before their RO cartridge. The TDS may not read lower but the softened water is scrubbed more efficiently by the RO resulting in less TDS for the DI to scrub which extends the life of the DI.
Steve from J Racenstein knows some cleaners who have implemented this into their set ups. Give him a call and he may be able to get you in contact with them.