• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Cleaning carwashes at gas stations

Gearold White

The company has been offered several gas stations that have the drive thru car washes. Does anybody have any experience with these? What chems are being used on the walls? What kind of time is this taking to clean on average?

Calvin Andrus

I use hydrofluoric/sulfuric acid mix. On equipment and walls. Ive spent 2-6hrs on these depends on size, scope, and kind of equipment in the tunnel. I usually expect some scrubbing and multiple chem applications for the real dirty ones.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

Calvin Andrus

Oh yeah, turbo tip on equipment.
7usysasu.jpg
3epu4azy.jpg

Russ Johnson

UAMCC Associate Member
I use hydrofluoric/sulfuric acid mix. On equipment and walls. Ive spent 2-6hrs on these depends on size, scope, and kind of equipment in the tunnel. I usually expect some scrubbing and multiple chem applications for the real dirty ones.

Yep, that's what will cut through it.

OKWASHER

I don't spend a lot of time on forums, but I have found that its a good place to find very helpful info. I'm have been offered a chance at 10 automatic drive thru carwashes, my only issue is I have never priced one before. I usually stick with fleets and flat work, but ive been getting a lot of calls about buildings and carwashes. do u guys price them by the hour, or sq ft, im just not sure on this one! any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gene Beck

We are looking at a couple of car washes as well and in my experience in general, clients do not want hourly rates. It makes them nervous. Call me or gearold and maybe together we can both win our contracts

Carlos Gonzales

I know after talking to him at the convention Carlos does a ton of these. Maybe he will chime in if he has time!

Every month.....

Good meeting you Jeff.

Looks like Calvin has the answer. The only thing I will add is that the drive thrus that have that tough vinyl surface are easier to clean vs. the cinder blocs. CLR from Zep is okay to use on the vinyl if in a pinch. About 6 bucks a gal. Like Calvin mentioned....for the nasty ones several applications may be necessary.

Jeff Smith

Thanks Carlos and Calvin, I havn't touched any of these yet but definitely have this info saved in my notes for the future.

Was great to meet you too Carlos, thanks for taking your time to come and give your class and discuss any questions we had.

Will Muller

Hi guys,

I have a few of these contracts. I use a product called Klean Wall. I used a product called Nu-Wall once, but it was all hydroflouric and that's too much to worry about. I was freaking out everytime I got a drop on me [even with protective equipment].
They're pesky to clean, as it takes a bit of elbow grease no matter what you use but the results make the owners literally say Wow! everytime. Good Luck!

Jason Gomez

UAMCC-Member
How would you go about pricing and setting up recurring cleaning. I have a feeling the ones around me have not been cleaned in a very long time!

If you were only doing it once per year, what would a standard price be for one with vinyl walls, and relatively new.