• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Reclaiming on commercial flatwork

Juan Juarez

Hello everyone would like to get some of your input on this based on your experience in the field.

What permitts or forms must i obtain in order to discharge wash water. Now i will not be driving around with the wash water because my budget would be to tight and i still must obtain other items. I have read my cities bmp and it states that wash water can be discharged in a sanitary sewer or an interceptor, but i do not see anywhere in the bmp where it specifically says i need a permit to do so. Have any of you encountered any problems with the city over this. If so can you please share your experiences.

Also when transfering water with a sump pump, if i have a puddle of water built up around water berms, do i just place at lowest point and redirect with special fitting for a hose into the sanitary sewer or holding tank

sorry for the long post i've just been researching this for so long and find myself stuck at this point and need help from the professionals. Any post will be greatly appreciated and put to good use.

Thanks

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Until we dig deeper into Houston you will need to get in contact with Doug Rucker regarding the current status there. Things are changing in Houston and are hard to keep up with.

We are going to educate ourselves more on that area due to requests we got from local contractors last week and work towards more favorable and simpler rules

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You can also speak with your local water regulators as to where to dump your waste water and what is appropriate. If you have a chambers of Commerce then I would start there and ask how you get ahold of water regulators.

Calvin Andrus

Where I am at we have waste water departments within the city. Some want you to keep a basic log (they provide) of your dumping activities while others require nothing. The city I actually live in states in all there web and written material that they require written approval but then when you talk to them they say they wont even do that and a verbal ok is fine..??

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

Calvin Andrus

Might be a good question for Ted to chime in on but as far as I am aware in speaking with deq, they really are only after the sewage pumpers for hauling

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Thanks a lot Kristopher great info.

Calvin in your state are you required to have a permit to haul waste wash water?

Here in Houston you need to speak with Police Departments Environmental Enforcement Division. In fact call Sylvia Brumlow at 832.394.0776 and she will get you all the info you need. She can also let you know when the next Environmental Seminar is that the Police Department puts on. Sergeant Dickers is the head of enforcement and can be reached on his cell at 713.504.7154. I really wouldn't speak to anyone else but them if I were you. Also the Houston BMP's are located here. http://edocs.publicworks.houstontx.gov/documents/stormwater/cosmetic_wash_water_guidelines.pdf

Be sure to keep a copy at all times with you in your truck.