Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reclaiming on commercial flatwork

Default Reclaiming on commercial flatwork

Hello everyone would like to get some of your input on this based on your experience in the field.

What permitts or forms must i obtain in order to discharge wash water. Now i will not be driving around with the wash water because my budget would be to tight and i still must obtain other items. I have read my cities bmp and it states that wash water can be discharged in a sanitary sewer or an interceptor, but i do not see anywhere in the bmp where it specifically says i need a permit to do so. Have any of you encountered any problems with the city over this. If so can you please share your experiences.

Also when transfering water with a sump pump, if i have a puddle of water built up around water berms, do i just place at lowest point and redirect with special fitting for a hose into the sanitary sewer or holding tank

sorry for the long post i've just been researching this for so long and find myself stuck at this point and need help from the professionals. Any post will be greatly appreciated and put to good use.

Thanks
    Juan Juarez
    Lone Star Mobile Wash
    Houston, Tx

Default Re: Reclaiming on commercial flatwork

Juan, what is your city?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Hey tony, I'm currently in Houston tx.
    Juan Juarez
    Lone Star Mobile Wash
    Houston, Tx

Until we dig deeper into Houston you will need to get in contact with Doug Rucker regarding the current status there. Things are changing in Houston and are hard to keep up with.

We are going to educate ourselves more on that area due to requests we got from local contractors last week and work towards more favorable and simpler rules

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Thanks tony, will make sure to do so before i go out and buy equipment needed. Thanks again for your help
    Juan Juarez
    Lone Star Mobile Wash
    Houston, Tx

You can also speak with your local water regulators as to where to dump your waste water and what is appropriate. If you have a chambers of Commerce then I would start there and ask how you get ahold of water regulators.

Where I am at we have waste water departments within the city. Some want you to keep a basic log (they provide) of your dumping activities while others require nothing. The city I actually live in states in all there web and written material that they require written approval but then when you talk to them they say they wont even do that and a verbal ok is fine..??

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk
    Calvin Andrus Construction LLC., Pressure Washing Division.
    Central Oregon's "Clean & Green" Water Reclaimer
    www.greenpressurewash.com
    www.facebook.com/calvinandrusconstruction
    calvinandrusconstruction@gmail.com

Thanks a lot Kristopher great info.

Calvin in your state are you required to have a permit to haul waste wash water?
    Juan Juarez
    Lone Star Mobile Wash
    Houston, Tx

Might be a good question for Ted to chime in on but as far as I am aware in speaking with deq, they really are only after the sewage pumpers for hauling

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk
    Calvin Andrus Construction LLC., Pressure Washing Division.
    Central Oregon's "Clean & Green" Water Reclaimer
    www.greenpressurewash.com
    www.facebook.com/calvinandrusconstruction
    calvinandrusconstruction@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Juarez View Post
    Thanks a lot Kristopher great info.

Calvin in your state are you required to have a permit to haul waste wash water?
    Here in Houston you need to speak with Police Departments Environmental Enforcement Division. In fact call Sylvia Brumlow at 832.394.0776 and she will get you all the info you need. She can also let you know when the next Environmental Seminar is that the Police Department puts on. Sergeant Dickers is the head of enforcement and can be reached on his cell at 713.504.7154. I really wouldn't speak to anyone else but them if I were you. Also the Houston BMP's are located here. http://edocs.publicworks.houstontx.g...guidelines.pdf

Be sure to keep a copy at all times with you in your truck.

Doug Rucker-Owner/Operator
    Certified NCE Instructor
    We own and operate a School for Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning, and Soft Washing http://www.pressurecleaningschool.com
    Check out our ONLINE PRESSURE WASHING SCHOOL with over 160 videos https://www.pressurecleaningschool.c...ashing-school/

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information