• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Who is the Enviromental Guru here ?

Gene Fivel

Ok.....cleaning concrete walls 6 flights up with drains on each floor. If I use sh and hit the wall with 2-4 % is it allowed to be discharged to sanitary sewer since by the time it travels its course it will dissipate or evaporate. I plan on using screens and filters to catch any solids.........I have my own opinion but want to hear from our expert in the field.........

Gene Fivel

This city don,t know JACK about regs..........This is why I ask about our rep for enviromental wastewater control.......Maybe someone Certified.........Thx

Gene Fivel

Outside wall of concrete.........mold mildew......just need cleaned ......storm sewer drain

.......If no one knows the answer I can call monday to find out from the proper agency........

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
This interior or exterior? your referred sanitary. Now referencing exterior ?

I have the answer but can't give you a black and white without detailed info.

Three types of drains exist on most commercial property's

Feb Event Houston free free text me for more details !!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Exterior washing discharge to sanitary requires permission from that dept. Getting can be easy or difficult and yes phone calls required and you might get someone to give you completely different answers.

Last edited:

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Interior work discharged to sanitary solely relies on the business occupancy permit. That will determine a monitoring requires or not.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Gene the likelihood you have a storm sewer exterior on on this property is slim. The detention or retention system built on the property would require me to get and address and zip code to the jurisdiction. No off property discharge will be the first and Foremost on compliance. Practice of your bpms are a must. Reducing any visible pollution prior to wash process not adding and know pollutants to your process is always a must. Looking at what your jurisdiction considers pollutants is a must.

It's always recommended you know and get familiar with your particular regulations. Keep in mind discharging to ms4 is the problem. Stay away from it.

Gene Fivel

Sorry replied in quote

I know my BMPs the drain is connected to storm sewer......always pre-clean area before washing .......trap solids so not to enter drain .........Will call Texas Water Quality Control Monday....Thx everyone

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Hi Gene, I have been working all day and Ron text me this thread. Ron is right. If this is a commercial property the one way you are absolutely clear is to block the storm drain and redirect to landscaping if you can do so without harming plants. If you were here in Nevada you could pool the water and dechlorinate it then let it go down the drain after the mesh filter. Your post was confusing at first because it sounded like internal sewer drains like we have on some HVAC coils.

Gene Fivel

Contractor called me back and confirmed it was storm sewer not sanitary......2% sh should not pollute by the time it reaches main sewer line and should evaporate by then and not reach any US waters. Will get an official answer monday just to be clear. Thx Tony

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Contractor called me back and confirmed it was storm sewer not sanitary......2% sh should not pollute by the time it reaches main sewer line and should evaporate by then and not reach any US waters. Will get an official answer monday just to be clear. Thx Tony

Is he using a website to look up if the property is connected or not connected to ms4?

Would be a great resource for all washers in your area. I'll assume this person is reading this thread?

Gene Fivel

New construction and has the blueprints.....No not reading this site.......over 400,000 sq ft job .........Lotsa work working up bid......