• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Dry Wells

Juan Juarez

Hello everybody I've been doing a lot of research, and have found some info, but I would like to have a little more light shed on this topic or if someone could point me in the right direction to go read up on this. I do not mind reading I do it all day on these forums.

I read in a post on another forum that the clean water act (1970's I believe) made it manditory for properties to have dry wells is this true with all commercial properties built after 1970'?

If so how are these dry wells found? Do we ask the pm, dm or gm about them?

If you are cleaning on a site with dry well is recovery necessary? Or is it considered a violation to bmp's?

From what I have read and seen on this topic it should be just fine to let wash water go into these systems because well built dry wells filter out the sludge and other this and drains it into the ground which I believe does not reach the waters of the united states and therefore does not violate the (CWA), but I have been wrong before.

Sorry about all the questions I'm just really trying to inform myself as best as possible any info will help.

Thanks,