• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

We Are Still Here and Are Working Hard For YOU!!

Carlos Gonzales

Im ready for the launch....One question I have Carlos.....Say a city contract comes up in Bryan Texas......Is the UAMCC going to let everyone know about it or just the members in that city or area. Hate to see a price war or bad feelings come up.....Thx Gene

There is a plan Gene but I am waiting to see how our webdeigner will integrate what I want.

In all fairness to all members at first blush I want everyone to see the RFP's. UAMCC will not get involved with the who gets what. That opens up a can of worms as it relates to preference.

The good thing is that most cities, not all, prefer to hire contractors that are located locally. Some of the RFP's that I have had in my hand over the last couple of weeks indicate that cities want local businesses bidding.

I will have a definate answer in a day or two.

That is a great question though!!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Should we just publically post it in the members only area and let whatever member reads and wants to try to get it

There's your answer. Its only right to give members the Benny's and if anyone else wants a piece of the action then all they have to do is join.
Back when I use to be involved with another organization one of the complaints came from non members. They thought that we should also represent them and in turn they should be given alot of the perks that paying members had. This never made sense to me. On one breath I can see trying to represents powerwashers in General but to give away benefits free of charge kind of defeats the purpose of having an Organization that charges people to become members.

Also when potential jobs came down the chute it should be open to all members anywhere anytime. If Someone has the ability to handle jobs 5 states away then they should be given the same opportunity as someone in that state. As small as my business is somewhere around 10% of my gross came from out of my home state. I'd be willing to bet there are many other companies with alot higher % of there gross also coming from out of state jobs. These are great discussions to have.

Carlos Gonzales

There's your answer. Its only right to give members the Benny's and if anyone else wants a piece of the action then all they have to do is join.
Back when I use to be involved with another organization one of the complaints came from non members. They thought that we should also represent them and in turn they should be given alot of the perks that paying members had. This never made sense to me. On one breath I can see trying to represents powerwashers in General but to give away benefits free of charge kind of defeats the purpose of having an Organization that charges people to become members.

Also when potential jobs came down the chute it should be open to all members anywhere anytime. If Someone has the ability to handle jobs 5 states away then they should be given the same opportunity as someone in that state. As small as my business is somewhere around 10% of my gross came from out of my home state. I'd be willing to bet there are many other companies with alot higher % of there gross also coming from out of state jobs. These are great discussions to have.

Great post John and it is true. Fact of the matter is that the UAMCC has been approached to service national accounts nationwide. This and many more benefits will be good for UAMCC members period.

Gene Fivel

Good question Gene. We are still looking at that. What are your thoughts?

Should it just be by the state or what if its a contract on a bordering state and say its a big one $ 50K. Say its not in your state but right next door, should you not get a shot at it as you are a member of the UAMCC

Should we just publically post it in the members only area and let whatever member reads and wants to try to get it

What if we have a member and its a newbie and he bids on it and gets it and really has no experience at this kind of work

Its a hard one, we of course would want to be fair to all members, but what is fair :confused:

Maybe the members and whoever is on the UAMCC board of directors will have to figure best way to deal with this

Well Jeff my thoughts are many at this time...Guess It would depend if the RFP was a one time gig or a yearly contract or multiple locations or maybe a city or county contract.

"Post it to all members and let it be a free for all or just members in the area?" Again I dont have the answer thats why I asked the question.

"What if we have a member and its a newbie and he bids on it and gets it and really has no experience at this kind of work? "

This would look bad on the UMACC for refering a company that cannot handle the job and makes a company mad.

"Maybe the members and whoever is on the UAMCC board of directors will have to figure best way to deal with this..."

That why I was wondering who will lay down some guidelines for this before it comes up.

Maybe if you had State Reps they could decide on which contractors in their states were closer to the job and who might be able or experienced enought to handle the request.....IDUNO

Jeff LeCours

Well Jeff my thoughts are many at this time...Guess It would depend if the RFP was a one time gig or a yearly contract or multiple locations or maybe a city or county contract.

"Post it to all members and let it be a free for all or just members in the area?" Again I dont have the answer thats why I asked the question.

"What if we have a member and its a newbie and he bids on it and gets it and really has no experience at this kind of work? "

This would look bad on the UMACC for refering a company that cannot handle the job and makes a company mad.

For RFPs UAMCC wont be refering anyone that ie would jst ve a list offered

"Maybe the members and whoever is on the UAMCC board of directors will have to figure best way to deal with this..."

That why I was wondering who will lay down some guidelines for this before it comes up.

Maybe if you had State Reps they could decide on which contractors in their states were closer to the job and who might be able or experienced enought to handle the request.....IDUNO

I think Crlos and John said it. It would have to be posted for all MEMBERS

Ken Fenner

Gene,

We do have a system in place for local leads that are generated. There are some preliminary plans for larger multi state RFP's. Carlos and I have had quite a few discussions about lead generation this past week.

There are downfalls to any system of giving out leads. If they are sent exclusively to any contractor that is no good. If they are just posted on a member's only section of the forum.. Well, what if a great lead comes up at 9 am and Gene is out in the field working? His opportunity may be missed.

Ken Fenner

Andrew, its an internal thing for the time being. All the details will be spelled out in the website. There are still some things the transition team has to discuss and finalize.

If all goes according to plan the website will be a 100 page mega site filled with information, member benefits, special programs, job leads, feedback systems for customers, blogs, videos, contact forms, databases and everything modern day dictates a website should be.

Jeff LeCours

Looking forward to the definitive answer....Thx Jeff

The thing about the UAMCC is I truly know its going to be about the contractor and the member contractors. What we are hammering out is a base for launch and my great hopes is people/contractors like you and others stand up and get involved to continue to form this into a great org for us the contractors

I told Carlos long before I ever came on this team and hell still tell him (LOL) that he is crazy to take on building a national org :yes:. But as i see what we are working towards and see how really in a short period of time we do have a good base, we are building something that is already giving results and when its handed over to all members it can grow and take seed and I think all will see........Hey this can work, we can have a National org that helps the contractor, the customers and the industry in whole.

I hope all have questions and get involved like you are Gene, this will be a work in progress hopefully for years to come and hopefully will just keep getting better

:biggrin:

Carlos Gonzales

The thing about the UAMCC is I truly know its going to be about the contractor and the member contractors. What we are hammering out is a base for launch and my great hopes is people/contractors like you and others stand up and get involved to continue to form this into a great org for us the contractors

I told Carlos long before I ever came on this team and hell still tell him (LOL) that he is crazy to take on building a national org :yes:. But as i see what we are working towards and see how really in a short period of time we do have a good base, we are building something that is already giving results and when its handed over to all members it can grow and take seed and I think all will see........Hey this can work, we can have a National org that helps the contractor, the customers and the industry in whole.

I hope all have questions and get involved like you are Gene, this will be a work in progress hopefully for years to come and hopefully will just keep getting better

:biggrin:

It has been a heck of a ride so far....:coool:

We are getting it done and it will happen as promised!!