• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Half-Million Controversial Contract Awarded to Pressure Washing Company!

Carlos Gonzales

Seems the Gov. of Illinois just cant get it right. This is old news but this story is resurfacing!

$500,000.00.....typical lowballer...my bid was at 1.25 mil...:got-hooligan:

The owner of a power-washing company that received a controversial half-million dollar state contract to wash down buildings and salt storage sheds also had a business relationship with a close friend of and major fundraiser for Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Fundraiser Milan Petrovic, who also is a top state lobbyist, teamed up with power-washing company owner William Mologousisin April to form a limited liability company as part of a Chicago real-estate transaction, Petrovic said Wednesday. Though Petrovic called Mologousis a longtime friend, he also said he played no role in the state power-washing contract. Petrovic said the real-estate deal doesn't involve city or state business. Mologousis runs PWS Environmental, a Cicero firm that uses pressurized water spray to clean streets, trucks and buildings. The firm and its principals have donated more than $20,000 to Blagojevich's campaign fund, state records show.

PWS Environmental's contract with the state became a political issue this week for Blagojevich after legislators criticized the contract amid revelations that Mologousis' brother-in-law was a high-ranking official in the Illinois Department of Transportation, where the firm did much of its work. "It's just more of the same. The whole situation of fundraising and contracts suggests that there is pay-to-play in Illinois," said state Sen. Christine Radogno (R-Lemont). "It's all connected. I do believe that even to the most casual observers, this is wrong."

On Wednesday, the governor refused to answer any questions about the state contract and whether it was appropriate.

At a media event promoting a new program to help senior citizens pay for prescription drugs, Blagojevich said, "I'm going to focus on that and leave those questions to the people who are responsible for them." Blagojevich's spokeswoman Cheryle Jackson said she had no knowledge of any connection between Mologousis and Petrovic. She said the power-washing firm was the only qualified bidder on the state deal. Petrovic, of Munster, Ind., is regarded as a close friend of the governor and served as one of his top fundraising consultants. During the 2002 campaign, Blagojevich paid Petrovic nearly $190,000 for fundraising and consultant work, state campaign finance records show.

Petrovic also has parlayed his relationship with Blagojevich into a lucrative lobbying role as president of Advanced Practical Solutions LLC. Petrovic's clients include Motorola, the Wirtz family's liquor distributorship Judge & Dolph Ltd., the Illinois Hospital Association, several hospitals, Harper College in Palatine and R.J. Dale Advertising & Public Relations, which holds the state lottery's general advertising contract. When Petrovic was hired for $60,000 a year, plus expenses, by Harper College in December, Trustee Matt Murphy called the lobbyist "uniquely positioned to help us with this governor."

Also among his lobbying clients are Greenberg Traurig, the law firm where Victor Reyes, a onetime aide to Mayor Richard M. Daley, also is a lobbyist. Petrovic said Wednesday that he was introduced to Mologousis years ago by mutual friends. Petrovic said he did not lobby the state on behalf of the company and was unaware the firm also had won about $5 million in City of Chicago business. Though Petrovic said he formed a limited liability corporation with Mologousis that involved a North Side real estate venture, the deal fell through.

Mologousis, who was unavailable for comment, is the brother-in-law of Robert J. Millette, a high ranking IDOT official. Months after the power-washing contract was awarded, Millette, in an April 26 memo, revealed to state officials his relationship to Mologousis.
Petrovic said he met Millette through his brother-in-law. Questions for Millette were directed to IDOT spokesman Matt Vanover, who defended the contract and said the power-washing work is needed.

"In some media outlets it has been portrayed as unnecessary to do this kind of work. That is false," Vanover said. 'It's all backdoor politics'

Four bidders had applied for the work, and one of those rejected was angry about the outcome. "It's all backdoor politics," said Justin Tintori, owner of Tintori Powerwashing in Springfield. "I don't know why I even wasted my time. ... I knew somebody from Chicago would get it." Justin DeJong, a spokesman for the state Department of Central Management Services, which approved the contract, said the complaints are a "classic example of sour grapes" and PWS was the only bidder that met the state's requirements.
It's "very clear that the other firms just didn't measure up," he said. Millette, 34, was named in March 2003 to the $95,000-a-year post as IDOT's director of finance and administration. Previously, he ran an independent consulting and human resources firm, Vanover said.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Nice work..........

Seems the Gov. of Illinois just cant get it right. This is old news but this story is resurfacing!

$500,000.00.....typical lowballer...my bid was at 1.25 mil...:got-hooligan:

The owner of a power-washing company that received a controversial half-million dollar state contract to wash down buildings and salt storage sheds also had a business relationship with a close friend of and major fundraiser for Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Fundraiser Milan Petrovic, who also is a top state lobbyist, teamed up with power-washing company owner William Mologousisin April to form a limited liability company as part of a Chicago real-estate transaction, Petrovic said Wednesday. Though Petrovic called Mologousis a longtime friend, he also said he played no role in the state power-washing contract. Petrovic said the real-estate deal doesn't involve city or state business. Mologousis runs PWS Environmental, a Cicero firm that uses pressurized water spray to clean streets, trucks and buildings. The firm and its principals have donated more than $20,000 to Blagojevich's campaign fund, state records show.

PWS Environmental's contract with the state became a political issue this week for Blagojevich after legislators criticized the contract amid revelations that Mologousis' brother-in-law was a high-ranking official in the Illinois Department of Transportation, where the firm did much of its work. "It's just more of the same. The whole situation of fundraising and contracts suggests that there is pay-to-play in Illinois," said state Sen. Christine Radogno (R-Lemont). "It's all connected. I do believe that even to the most casual observers, this is wrong."

On Wednesday, the governor refused to answer any questions about the state contract and whether it was appropriate.

At a media event promoting a new program to help senior citizens pay for prescription drugs, Blagojevich said, "I'm going to focus on that and leave those questions to the people who are responsible for them." Blagojevich's spokeswoman Cheryle Jackson said she had no knowledge of any connection between Mologousis and Petrovic. She said the power-washing firm was the only qualified bidder on the state deal. Petrovic, of Munster, Ind., is regarded as a close friend of the governor and served as one of his top fundraising consultants. During the 2002 campaign, Blagojevich paid Petrovic nearly $190,000 for fundraising and consultant work, state campaign finance records show.

Petrovic also has parlayed his relationship with Blagojevich into a lucrative lobbying role as president of Advanced Practical Solutions LLC. Petrovic's clients include Motorola, the Wirtz family's liquor distributorship Judge & Dolph Ltd., the Illinois Hospital Association, several hospitals, Harper College in Palatine and R.J. Dale Advertising & Public Relations, which holds the state lottery's general advertising contract. When Petrovic was hired for $60,000 a year, plus expenses, by Harper College in December, Trustee Matt Murphy called the lobbyist "uniquely positioned to help us with this governor."

Also among his lobbying clients are Greenberg Traurig, the law firm where Victor Reyes, a onetime aide to Mayor Richard M. Daley, also is a lobbyist. Petrovic said Wednesday that he was introduced to Mologousis years ago by mutual friends. Petrovic said he did not lobby the state on behalf of the company and was unaware the firm also had won about $5 million in City of Chicago business. Though Petrovic said he formed a limited liability corporation with Mologousis that involved a North Side real estate venture, the deal fell through.

Mologousis, who was unavailable for comment, is the brother-in-law of Robert J. Millette, a high ranking IDOT official. Months after the power-washing contract was awarded, Millette, in an April 26 memo, revealed to state officials his relationship to Mologousis.
Petrovic said he met Millette through his brother-in-law. Questions for Millette were directed to IDOT spokesman Matt Vanover, who defended the contract and said the power-washing work is needed.

"In some media outlets it has been portrayed as unnecessary to do this kind of work. That is false," Vanover said. 'It's all backdoor politics'

Four bidders had applied for the work, and one of those rejected was angry about the outcome. "It's all backdoor politics," said Justin Tintori, owner of Tintori Powerwashing in Springfield. "I don't know why I even wasted my time. ... I knew somebody from Chicago would get it." Justin DeJong, a spokesman for the state Department of Central Management Services, which approved the contract, said the complaints are a "classic example of sour grapes" and PWS was the only bidder that met the state's requirements.
It's "very clear that the other firms just didn't measure up," he said. Millette, 34, was named in March 2003 to the $95,000-a-year post as IDOT's director of finance and administration. Previously, he ran an independent consulting and human resources firm, Vanover said.