• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof shampoo...what are your thoughts

Bob Gomez

I'm looking to get All your thoughts and experience with roof shampoo. I'm an SH guy. There is a roofer in my area pushing this method with deep pockets and an aggressive marketing campaign. Many questions are coming my way comparing this Eco friendly approach to what we do. please tell all you know. Thanks,

Dan Dykstra

Contributing Member
I deal with 2 roof shampoo franchises in my coverage area and have to bid against these guys on many occasions. While I do not put down another company I do explain the difference in the ways we clean. Roof Shampoo uses a surface cleaning machine powered by a pressure washer to "scrub" the roof, this scrubbing can and will loosen the granules that are on the shingles (bad idea) yes the roof will be clean when they leave, but at what cost. The roof will start to show signs of black streaks again in a year, this is why they try to get their customers to sign up for yearly maintenance programs. Roof Shampoo has to get on the roof in order to work the surface cleaner up and down.

We use a softwash, black streaks will be gone(and stay gone for years) when we are done, moss and lichen will be dead and will fall off with rainfall in the coming weeks. If the customer needs to have the roof completely clean right away we can rinse the roof to remove the debris. We stay off the roof as much as possible.

Doug Gore

I deal with 2 roof shampoo franchises in my coverage area and have to bid against these guys on many occasions. While I do not put down another company I do explain the difference in the ways we clean. Roof Shampoo uses a surface cleaning machine powered by a pressure washer to "scrub" the roof, this scrubbing can and will loosen the granules that are on the shingles (bad idea) yes the roof will be clean when they leave, but at what cost. The roof will start to show signs of black streaks again in a year, this is why they try to get their customers to sign up for yearly maintenance programs. Roof Shampoo has to get on the roof in order to work the surface cleaner up and down.

We use a softwash, black streaks will be gone(and stay gone for years) when we are done, moss and lichen will be dead and will fall off with rainfall in the coming weeks. If the customer needs to have the roof completely clean right away we can rinse the roof to remove the debris. We stay off the roof as much as possible.

Enough said.........good job Dan.