• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Skid Protection Against Bleach

Eric Holmes

Contributing Member
Does anyone have any secrets or methods they can share to prevent rust and corrosion against a skid? My bolts that hold my pump are already showing signs of rust due to bleach residue. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
There is a spray paint at Home Depot/Lowes we have been using. I'll take a pic and post it. Seems to work pretty good.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
fe05ea875d7a68c32b3757a6a006154f.jpg

Doug Rucker
Clean and Green Solutions
Pressure Washing Roof Cleaning School
Call or Text 281.883.8470

Jeff Wible

I've posted many times over the years the effectiveness of paint against SH. I paint all my hand tools, Vice Grips, crescent wrenches, Allen wrenches,...etc...And since I was painting anyhow, I color coded the wrenches,.. Before I started doing that rust happened quickly,...I actually made a wooden tool box so even when the paint chips it doesn't rust,.Ha,Ha,...

I use stainless bolts,..because they're pretty and also better against corrosion,..But you could also use grade 8 bolts,..not only are they strong,.but they are also plated which helps against corrosion,..and you can still paint them if you like.

* I hate bleach mist from cleaning getting on any of my stuff,...When I roll onto a job, my eye is always looking for the best out of the way spot. I would rather have an extra 50' piece of hose attached than try to get close to the work.

**Besides these things, and if you continue to have problems,..just swap the bolts when they start to look bad. Cheap and quick!

***Also, to prevent galling, a chemical reaction between dissimilar metals,..be sure to use anti-seize,...that will also help with your concerns of breaking bolts. In fact using anti-seize on any bolt and nut combo isn't a bad idea,..I don't do it on everything,...But steel bolts going into an expensive aluminum engine block is a no brainer for the use of anti-seize.

Jeff