• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

fall restraint systems

Bob Gomez

Hey folks, we clean many gutters during November. Osha requires fall restraint systems over six feet. I'm wondering what is the quickest and easiest temporary roof anchoring set up for a job that will take less than 1/2 hour. Please let me know your thoughts.

Tony Evans

Board of Director
Welcome to the black hole of roof access work. In order to work on the roof you must be tied off if you are 6 ft from the edge. Of course you have to be within that distance to leave the ladder in the first place. Yet I can't find anything in writing that allows you to do so. Kind of a loophole OSHA can use if they feel like it.
Then there's the fact that it will take more than a half hour to set up a anchoring system to do a job that will take far less time all while being "at risk" to "be safe".

Bob Gomez

Tony, thanks for the response. The law states that if you are 6 feet high or higher you must have some kind of restraint. However, if you are estimating a job, or looking for an anchor set up, you have a "reasonable amount of time to do so. We are supposed to use osha standard anchors as well. No trees, no chimneys etc. Basically we are supposed to send three inch screws (12 of them) through their roof and into the rafter. Very frustrating.