• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Scrubbing gutters

Dave Mac

well got a 30 ft unger pole its ok but dont really care for the screw locking system, may have to try another type. qulity is good

Dave Mac

DH000025.jpg here it is in action lol

Chazz

I was scrubbing a gutter with a brush and the neighbor came over to me and said she liked the way i work. I gave her my card, she called and i was washing her house the next day.
The customer definitely appreciates the extra step
And what was the real kicker my competition lived 4 house away and he saw me do 2 houses
Within a stones throw from his home. ( that was awkward having him watch me)

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Just my own personal thing that after I am done washing a house I don't want to scrub gutters. Besides the black streaks come back after the 3rd or 4th rain so I just hate charging somebody for that. If they insist and will pay the price I charge I'll come back the next day and do it.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
We get up to $2 a foot to scrub, up to $4 a foot to clean out!!! Charge for it and get it right Doug. Make it worth the money.

On some mansions you will need acrobats and harness :) They cant even get another company to do it.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Over the years, many of the referrals I get are specifically due to my ability to remove the streaks. How long they stay clean has never been an issue. Once a customer realizes that I actually get them clean, when no one else even mentions them, means repeat customers (My average customer will wash every 2 years.) and referrals.

I will try to make a video so that everyone can see how I do it.

John Burdine Jr

Contributing Member
Its an upgrade for us. I've tried gutter zap, gutter grenade, wild cherry, everything has been great somedays, not so great on others. I hate the marx off gutter brush, cause I can't get the pad to stay on there and I end up get an eye full of caustic soap as I'm flopping it around. Also, 75% of the time our normal hw gets em clean so I hate charging for people when I don't know if it will be necessary or not. For the pole we have just used a 3 section twist lock, I think its a mr longarm.

has anyone tried a water fed pole for gutter whitening? I thought its be cool to have something really light that can also feed the chem up there.

Last edited:

Tony Evans

Board of Director
You can add a separate chemical line that runs to an over the top sprayer on your wfp. Use a back pack to mix the chems in and then apply them with the over the top sprayer then scrub and a final rinse of pure water. I suggest you use a separate brush as well. No sense in getting those chems on the glass unnecessarily.

Eric Baylor

I agree James. Every house we wash gets gutters and downspouts scrubbed. Sometimes we'll even scrub alot of the house. Customers really do appreciate it. Takes extra 5 min. We get alot of houses because we are know for scrubbing and go the extra mile. As a matter of fact, I'm hire than all my competitors and still wash 300 houses a year because of our techniques.