• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

2008 Rountables are completed!!!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Re: 2008 Roundtables are completed!!!

Hey Terry.

I just want to speak on how I see a lot of what you are commenting on about Ron. Call it being a Ron cheerleader or whatever. I am writing this not to argue but maybe give some other thoughts than some of the ones you have about Ron.

Terry I dont know how long you have been on the BB's but its a world of its own.

I spoke of how Ron is tryin to get sponsors not contractors to pay, I think that is great. now and in past years many many round tables have cost money to the contractors. forget about the travel and hotel, but the actual events have cost $50, $89. $125 up to close to $200 just to attend, some have been different some have been better than others. Some of the RT's Rons has Co sponsored this year have either been free or pretty cheap....good for the contractor I think!!!!! All have been informative at least....good for contractors

You talk about making money off of others. I have spoke to this, Ron has put out a ton of money. I put out over $2000 out of my pocket for my RT, just a little fact Ron offered to pay half of what ever I put out. I declined I had planned on it so I stuck to my plan. If and when Ron makes money off these RT's it wont be on the back of contractors. There may be a fee I dont know that is up to the host of the RT's. But basically its historically cheap

You mention Ron uses all the BB's, so what. half the time he's promoting an event that isnt costing the contractor much or anything to attend. But you know something,many use the BB's to promote their companies. I do a little and many many others. Sure it draws customers to tour website. In my case I have been posting a ton long before I had a website.

Rons also a talker he has been running around the BB's long before he was doing this set of RT, what was his motive at those times. Ron has always run around the BB's

Now Ron runs PWI, he takes no sponsors, why? because he doesnt want to be beholding to any I would think. He doesnt ask the contractors for anything except to be professional Why? because he wants a free resource for contractor to learn. Key word is FREE..good for contractors. He also has one of, if not the largest membership of the BB's I think. You mention it cost for space to be used on all these other BB's, well it cost Ron too and he's been paying that bill for yearssssss. He doesnt sell anything on his BB, he doesnt ask for donations, he asks for nothing, once again I say he asks for everyone to be professionaal and share

Rons a million mile an hour kind of guy. but you know Ron will help ANYONE and he's done it for FREE for years. Before I knew him well at all, I called him several times for advise, several times. Heck the 1st couple times he didnt even know who I was..guess what he gave me the help advise I need, asked for nothing. Now Terry multiply that y dozen who call him weekly, some times daily. He asks none of them for anything

Back to the RT's if he, Ron makes some money some day as long as its being paid by the sponsors so what...good for the contractor. everything cost why should Ron keep putting out thousands of dollars like he has this year. If I , if you, if Ron if anyone else that has held or will hold Rt's so what if its paid for in other ways other than contractors paying to attend, paying for their meals etc

Ron likes making money, but one thing I have seen this year and last was and years past Ron likes to help contractors make money...That good for the contractors. If Ron wants people to look at him thats fine with me, because I many things many look to him for help....for free

almost done have to stop a kid from crying

At the next late nite event I'm going to read this for a drinking game. Each time you say my name we drink. Kinda like we played Bob on the newhart show in the 80's. LOL

Truly, thanks Jeff for the nice words. Guys, I appreciate the nice thoughts. People have there own opionions and its fine they do. If everyone was for what I do or thought I was wonderful then I would be careful. We are turning this wonderful thread into something i did not Intend to have happen.

Alls i can say is come to a roundtable and see for yourself. You be the judge in 2009, let us know how we can make these better. Anyone is welcome....

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member

heck yours was cheaper than the one Ron & I did for $19.50

Terry I know you have your thoughts but just so you know. Ron is trying to get these actual RT's to basically be free for the contractor or very cheap at least. Instead of charging the contractor big bucks to pay for everything, he is getting sponsors/vendors to pay for the events. Not the contractor which is pretty good I think.

I kind of bias, I have Round Table fever. I just love meeting the contractors and networking

Florida was free also, Colorado was also free I believe. Scott Charge 50 but gave away some things that costed more than 50...

Jeff LeCours

At the next late nite event I'm going to read this for a drinking game. Each time you say my name we drink. Kinda like we played Bob on the newhart show in the 80's. LOL

Truly, thanks Jeff for the nice words. Guys, I appreciate the nice thoughts. People have there own opionions and its fine they do. If everyone was for what I do or thought I was wonderful then I would be careful. We are turning this wonderful thread into something i did not Intend to have happen.

Alls i can say is come to a roundtable and see for yourself. You be the judge in 2009, let us know how we can make these better. Anyone is welcome....

You are right I helped turn this thread into something it shouldnt of been. When will I learn, you know me, I think it, I say it. Better for me as a TT member to just stay professional and positive. Sorry all

Carlos Gonzales

.....as for me and the transition team....we will focus on continuing what we set out to do...

More insight on the above posts a little later in the week....it's late!!

There is an old saying that I think applies here..."Tough questions warrant tough answers".

Trust all of you have a wonderful Monday and a prosperous week...

Mathew Johnson

This is not a paid adverisement. But... for anyone who is interested in doing a roundtable, Ron has given great advise in helping me plan for the NY event and helping me run my business. Am I doing everthing identical to Rons format or topics... no.

Look back 5 years ago... I remember my first event that I attended. I drove 8 hours to get there. There was 13 people there and I learned volumes of information that was intrumental in me building sales and improving operations. I do feel that when there comes a time when there is enough contractor educational events where every contractor in the industry can attend one less than 200 miles from their home, the industry will have an ample amount of educational events.

Many Newbies, potential newbies and even veterans can not afford to travel great distances to attend events. I believe it is important to take the events to the contractors when feasable. Just my .02.

Matt

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member

CIMG0638.jpg

Who IS this?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member

This is not a paid adverisement. But... for anyone who is interested in doing a roundtable, Ron has given great advise in helping me plan for the NY event and helping me run my business. Am I doing everthing identical to Rons format or topics... no.

Look back 5 years ago... I remember my first event that I attended. I drove 8 hours to get there. There was 13 people there and I learned volumes of information that was intrumental in me building sales and improving operations. I do feel that when there comes a time when there is enough contractor educational events where every contractor in the industry can attend one less than 200 miles from their home, the industry will have an ample amount of educational events.

Many Newbies, potential newbies and even veterans can not afford to travel great distances to attend events. I believe it is important to take the events to the contractors when feasable. Just my .02.

Matt

CIMG0644.jpg

Big Matt Johnson In the house teaching guys about saving money by preventing claims.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member

CIMG0711.jpg

Tony (Left) and Tim (Right)

Tony Takes the second Cash Prize for Wearing and Events T-shirt

$200.00 Cash

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member

CIMG0773.jpg

The man Who Made Phoenix Possible!!!!!!!!!

Scott Stone showing attendee how to rebuild a Pump.​

TLC Sweeping

I'm hoping to make it to one or two this year and I'm sure I can make it to one in Sac Town if they have it.