Thread: Question regarding transport

Default Question regarding transport

I found a chemical supplier near my home that has a great price on SH. I can get a 55 gal drum of 12.5% for $94 BUT they are requiring my driver (me) to be hazmat certified. Ok from my understanding the DOT limits transport to 1,000lbs which is roughly 100-125 gallons.

Is the chem supplier right in saying I need to be hazmat certified in order to take possession and transport a 55 gal drum or is that erroneous information? What would stop me from buying 55 one gallon jugs from my local pool store?

Another supplier has SH for $3.66 a gallon and they didn't say anything about needing a hazmat but I didn't think to ask either, maybe it was assumed by them that I had one already.

Thanks in advance
    Thomas McMillan
    Aqua Pro Cleaning Solutions
    (630) 723-9296
    www.aquaprocs.com

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” -Henry Ford

Default Re: Question regarding transport

Tom it's 1001 pounds or more. Rq or reportable Quantity and vehicle needs placards front, back, and sides.
    Top Gun Pressure Cleaning
    Nick Posthuma
    (920) 296-3930
    Topgunprcl@gmail.com

I would just pay the supplier a little more for delivery. We have ours delivered 1 or 2 times a week.

I can't believe how much people are paying for SH... Find the supplier that supplies your supplier

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using UAMCC mobile app

• Thread Information