Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Adjusting your prices for 09??

Default Re: Adjusting your prices for 09??

Quote Originally Posted by tonyshelton View Post
    Can you explain that?
    I was refering to what Dan said

Quote Originally Posted by plainpainter
    But if I went to estimate folks and only got 1 job in 20 - that would be very bad. That would be so bad - I wouldn't even consider my price was too high - you'd have to priced at quadruple the 'going' rate in order for that to happen.
    Jim was stating that if you only close 1 out of 20 estimates you would have to be super high priced. Not necessarily. My comment was that there is more to this biz than price. Jim you often seem like price is always your biggest factor. If some one shows up in a beat up van, with wholes and bleach stains on there jeans and a Budweiser t-shirt. . . I don't care what your price is im not hiring you!

that make sense tony???
    DJ Carroll
    President of [COLOR=Blue]EasyPro[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Property Services[/COLOR], LLC.
    502-525-EASY
    Carrollton, KY 41008
    [URL="http://www.easypropropertyservices.com"]Pressure Washing in Louisville, KY[/URL]
    [FONT=monospace]
    [/FONT]

National average for closing residential service bids used to be 35%. Today, it is about 25%. I base this on our records and hearing from other contractors. Adjusting prices should only be made in critical areas. Never in the bottom line. Reduce profit, never actual cost of doing a project. Why would anyone reduce their cost to below their break even price? You'd be out of business soon. That is why it is so important to know what it cost you to run your business. Thank you.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

I close on average 50% of my sales. Thats a blended percentage with decks coming in at 35% and house washes coming in at 65%. House washes are more lucrative then decks so I am reluctant to drop that closing percentage even though the numbers are telling me I should raise prices.

Its difficult to hone in your closing percentage until you have been in business for awhile. No matter what I type here and how many experienced pros would back it up, there are going to be many new guys that think they have to get every job. The sole reason for that is because their phone is not ringing enough.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

we will have to see how the market unfolds. right now we plan business as usual. no increases, historically when the economy takes a dive, we tend to do more work, people tend to make their castle a priority, a place they can enjoy, when they can't afford to go on vacation. we will focus on higher end residential and gov. work for now. not going to cut prices or quality.
    servicemark pressure washing
    Dayton.Oh.
    937-554-0910
    mark howell

Good Thread......

Doug Rucker-Owner/Operator
    Certified NCE Instructor
    We own and operate a School for Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning, and Soft Washing http://www.pressurecleaningschool.com
    Check out our ONLINE PRESSURE WASHING SCHOOL with over 160 videos https://www.pressurecleaningschool.c...ashing-school/
    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Our pricing today is about 15-20%less than it was in 2008. Our local competition has reduced pricing by mire than double that ans cut a lot of staff. I plan to keep our pricing right where it is for the next few years. My competition is trying to raise prices bow and I am taking their customers because of it.
    Streamlining your operation is more likely to produce steady profits than trying to pretend your service is better just because your invoice is higher.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Its time to raise the Prices

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information