• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Help With Scope of Work

Eric Holmes

Contributing Member
A customer has contacted me to give an estimate of exterior cleaning and her home has wood siding on it. My question is, do I treat the home wood siding the same as I would treat a deck or wood fencing? Should I also recommend the home be stained afterwards? Seems like a newbie question but I just want to be 100% clear with explaining any expectations.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Eric, I dont do a lot of wood but I am sure it would have a lot to do with the type of wood and I would defintley recommend they have it stained/sealed afterwards.

Eric Holmes

Contributing Member
Hey Doug, I've only done a few fences myself. I was looking forward to attending Myrtle Beach expo and take another class on it to get hands on experience with it.

Eric Holmes

Contributing Member
I replied to you Shane but it didn't post. But I am going there Friday to take pictures and I was going to post to get advice from the forum. Wood Restoration is new to me. I've only done a few fences thus far and the customer heard about my services by word of mouth.

Shane Brasseaux

You need to see what shape the house is in and see what product was used on the house previously? You make sure there is no wood rot and what's the customers expectations are?

Charlie Soden

Contributing Member

As Shane said, it really depends on what the customers expectations are. If they are just looking for a traditional house wash to remove dirt pollen and mildew than a normal soft wash with mild bleach would be appropriate. If they are looking to prepare the home for restaining, then you would likely want to perform restoration type cleaning such a stripping, brightening, etc.