• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Brass.....I think

Doug Gore

Any suggestions on cleaning these?

I think they are brass but I'm not sure, I tried a brass polish but it did nothing. They originally had a coating on them which is either coming off or has already come off. I plan to strip the coating and possibly use a buffer but.......We have these forums for a reason.....:}

Thoughts?
238_view.jpg
239_view.jpg

Attachments

• 239_view.jpg
    239_view.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 32

Randy Wahl

Contributing Member
If they are "brass" they use to make a polish for brass called Braso. You can get it at an automotive place or even try a box store. They used it to polish radiator tanks back in the day when they were brass aluminum and lead. Works great and will take off the green patina. Not sure if it would remove the sealer.

Guy Blackmon

New one on me.....Just a thought though....if you take the clear coat (or whatever the coating is) off, the tarnish will return, possibly quickly....then what? It's possible that an automotive clear coat or powder coat clear coat could be used. I would check with the manufacturer for recommendations......This would be a restoration job....not a cleaning job....more to it than meets the eye.

I would certainly get with the customer to know exactly what their expectations are for this job.

Just Saying........

Doug Gore

We tried a product similar to Brasso and I am familiar with it.....good stuff I agree but don't think it will do the job alone.

Guy, Thanks for the reminder that this is a restoration. I need to use that verbiage with them. This is my biggest and best client so I have taken this on as a personal goal. They know it will return but it will be our job to keep it and the entire property clean.

This client manages over 3 million SF on multiple properties so I take on everything they want us to do.....:}