• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

House Wash Volume Discount?

Jeff LeCours

Thinking about offering volume discounts is such pie in the sky for me at this point. Guys like you forget - I am on the other side of the aisle, I don't do commercial whatsoever - my days aren't filled with thinkging about how much to dicount volume. Volume by my definition is getting one lead through my marketing and two subsequent referals in the same location. And I still have to meet with these folks and do my sales - if someone ever presents me with a 26 house contract to do every year - I'll consider volume discounting - but I won't hold my breath.

Dan do you have any HOA's in your neck of the woods. Do any neighborhoods have news letters? If so you can do a seperate marketing to the HOA's. People like dicounts and a fair way to give them is doing several houses the same day. You can find the HOA Prez and send a letter saying you want to give a discount, you can find an PM and contact them. Doesnt take long send a letter every couple months. Just think ONE letter COULD bring in 100 homes. It can and does happen

topcoat

Contributing Member
I think we are going to see it happening more and more as people hang onto (and therefore maintain) their properties for longer periods of time than we have seen in decades. Its important not to waste opportunities. We all have to be a little smarter in our decisions than we have in the past.

plainpainter

Dan, this is the kind of work you want to promote. A simple one liner at contract time might be the ticket for you:

"Okay, lets get this contract signed and put you on the schedule. Do you folks know of any neighbors that may be interested in having their deck done as well? We offer a good neighbor discount of 10%. For the referral, I'll give you an extra 5% off for a total of 15% savings. On your deck, thats $150 in your pocket."

Nine times out of ten, they will purse their lips, roll their eyes to the left and start thinking who they could refer. A real good salesman will then ask the homeowner to give those people a call to see if you could give them an estimate right there and then :)

I don't consider this so much as 'bulk' pricing but more so as an 'incentive' program or a cash back program - which is something I am already working on. I was thinking of a system - whereby their job is already done, and you track all the leads that converted from them - and you keep track of second and third generation indirect leads - and keep a scorecard for these folks - and they get that percentage off their next future house wash. Obviously you wouldn't give a 5% off for a second generation lead - but you could give 1% off - and then 3rd generation they could get 0.2% off - but it's like a pyramid scheme that could get them ultra excited about getting lots of money off for future jobs.

topcoat

Contributing Member
Dan

I think thats too complicated and not immediate enough for homeowners to get excited about. 1% of a $500 wash would be $5. Too nickle and dimey to be a true incentive in my opinion, but if you can package it in a way to get it flying, that is awesome.

neps.us

Dan does bring up another interesting scenario of referal discounts. Do any of you offer a incentive for future referals? "Refer a friend and get 10% off your next wash" kind of deal? Marketing at it's best. Letting your original dollars work to get you more leads.

plainpainter

Scott the 1% is for the second generation referals. Basically say said homeowner refers 5 folks - total % off her next wash would be 25%, now say each of those folks refer 5 more folks - she now has an extra 25% for a total of 50%. It's not meant for the homeowner to get rich, but a way to give them an incentive to give out more referrals - because I don't care what anyone says, referals aren't what they use to be. My friend who is a woman painter who is getting referals more than most lately - has said in the last 5 years referals went from a guaranteed job to almost never getting the job now. Referals from networking are whole other and a much better story.

Ken Fenner

Chris, I pay my customer acquistion cost (approximately $25) directly to customers for referrals. They can choose it in gift card or cash. I started putting together a referral campaign called "Pressure Points" where customers accrue referral points and can buy things in an e-store such as TV's etc. I never got past the planning phase to implement it though. Its going to be a part of this year's to-do list probably after the spring rush.

Jeff LeCours

Scott the 1% is for the second generation referals. Basically say said homeowner refers 5 folks - total % off her next wash would be 25%, now say each of those folks refer 5 more folks - she now has an extra 25% for a total of 50%. It's not meant for the homeowner to get rich, but a way to give them an incentive to give out more referrals - because I don't care what anyone says, referals aren't what they use to be. My friend who is a woman painter who is getting referals more than most lately - has said in the last 5 years referals went from a guaranteed job to almost never getting the job now. Referals from networking are whole other and a much better story.

Dan you make stuff to complicated. Send a flier, postcard, newsletter what ever and give a discount on that for 3 or more houses. Your way you got to track this and that, what a PITA

Most people will tell, 1,2, 3 people at most and then forget about you in a few weeks until the next time they need you

If you start explaining this plan to a customer, you will lose their interest within minutes if not seconds. Do what you want but don't make more paper wor for yourself

CWheeler

When y'all offer discounts for referrals, do y'all offer cash or coupons, and is it a set amount like say $20 or a percentage of the total price?

Scott Millen

I give 25 bucks, usually cash, but sometimes value on the next service, less often, a gift certificate.

I often tell folks that if they refer enough business, their service can wind up free.:yes: