• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

New Neighborhood ~ Whats the best day to Wash?

Rob Huffman

I would say Saturday or possibly Sunday. Reason being is more people are home and if you have a logo / business name on your vehicle or trailer they will take that down and watch what you do.

The only bad thing is there are some people that will try to interrupt your job so you can give them an estimate right there for their home.

David Vicars

I would have to agree with Rob.

I have some signs in a sub-division to wash, I'm doing them today and tomorrow for the exposure. They are the main road and everyone will get to see me. Monday they will hit with flyers.

James Foley

If your booked out for a month I guess any day is good ? If your trying to break into a hood the weekend is good but many people don't want it done on the weekend. Decks are easier to schedule work for the weekend. Having a chatty house wife who is proud of her clean house is best.

Rob Huffman

Jim,
You have had problems with people having you work on weekends? I have never had any problems. There have been some customers that want it done by the weekend but typically I charge more because of being booked out. It never surprises me for what extra money people will pay to get it done by "this weekend". and I am not the one asking for it...they offer it. You have to find humor in that...lol:yes:

Ken Fenner

Rob, one of the selling points I make with my residential clientele is that we do not work on Sundays and will honor requests for no weekend work (which many people opt in for). When people think about contractors they think noise, machinery, trucks and general disruption. Many people would rather that occur when they are at work and the kids are in school.

CWheeler

I typically don't work weekends unless requested. Though i agree a weekend wash would seem to get greatest exposure.

David Vicars

5 months later, I would say any day is a good day for a new neighborhood. I have gotten so much exposure in my area over the last 5 months. Folks are starting to know who we are.
If you do your perimeter marketing before you leave. Chances are you'll get some calls.

Carlos Gonzales

5 months later, I would say any day is a good day for a new neighborhood. I have gotten so much exposure in my area over the last 5 months. Folks are starting to know who we are.
If you do your perimeter marketing before you leave. Chances are you'll get some calls.

Glad to hear that David and also glad to hear that you are BUSY!! Good stuff..

Ken Fenner

+1.. good job, David. I knew you would do well down there or die tryin.