• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Perfect Set-up?

Rob Huffman

This has bounced around in my head for a while. And some other contractors and myself have talked about it before.

Is there a perfect set-up? I dont mean just for house washes or just for commercial...but more along the lines of a set-up that would work for every type of work we do.

Terry Miller

Rob, Hope all is well! Long time no see. I'd venture to say that the perfect set up is what we decide as individuals. Some of us deal with small streets, winding roads, long drives and too much traffic. Others the opposite. Our ideal set up is a small trailer, everything easy to manuver and able to function with 1-2 workers. We have a little of everthing I mentioned above. I see some of the 20ft. trailers with 6,000lbs of equipment. Way too much for us. It is pretty much what we deal with that makes us different. What would you consider a perfect set up?

DJ Carroll

I wouldn't say my rig is the perfect set up but i would venture to say it is the most versatile. 5.5 gpm hot, 4 gpm cold, 225 water tank, place for 3 5'ers for chems a 35 gal house wash mix tank, 65 gal roof cleaning tank, room for my surface cleaner, and stackable hose reals.

I can do:

HOUSES
DECKS
CONDOS
KEC
FLAT WORK
ROOFS

pretty much anything commercial, residential, or even industrial

Rob Huffman

Terry, all is good. Weather has broke and finally get to work some. Jan was the first month in last 5 years that I couldnt do anything...not one day. But it was a nice vacation if you will. Hope all is well with you and the family...

DJ, sounds nice. what size is the trailer?

Most of my business is generated thru commercial however I am aiming my sights on residential in the years to come. Not to take away from the commercial but I know that side pretty well now and how to get more stuff. I just love doing the housewashes that are nice and short time fillers.

With all the equipment I have accumulated I just never feel like any "one" set-up has been perfect for all situations...most maybe but not all.