• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Interior building/ diesel exhaust

Chris Dubbs

What's anyone use to get diesel exhaust off aluminum siding? F-13 and dragon juice both work with broom agitation, but wondered if there is something you can spray on and rinse off like a house wash without agitation.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Dubbs

I'm interested in this also because I'll be cleaning a garage in January that specialized in large Caterpillar machinery.

Find out how long it's been on the surface, and if it's on straight metal or insulation. If straight metal it's probably backed on from the sun. We ended up scrubbing every inch by hand and it kicked our ass. I will look at the chemical I got when I got a minute.
6810507acd502e8d579dd10864e96cc2.jpg

Rick Abromson

Chris,
That looks like a job very well done! I'll be cleaning the inside of this building. Most of the discoloration is from diesel exhaust, except for the last pic, where the black is from some kind of wood or coal burning furnace.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'll have some heat, so maybe that will help. Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 71

Chris Dubbs

Heat didn't help in our case, it was sun baked on for 13 years and was diesel exhaust. You will most likely need to scrub " brush on pole " . Call ecochem they have stuff for that. F-13 was cheaper and with the brush came clean.

https://vimeo.com/198226081