Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

  1. #1

    Default The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    Many of you may already been aware of this, but many are not.

    Google maps has a street view mode. Roving google subcontractors drive through towns and film streets in 360 degree circles. These are very current photos and in many instances give you a clear view of three sides of a home. Combined with a satellite view and a square footage quote from Zillow or a local assesment office, you don't have to visit the house to put together a very accurate proposal.

    Has your street been done?

    http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies




  • #2

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    I use it alot. I look it up on those sites and then I give the customers a minimum range and I ask them if they would like me to come out and give them a FREE EXACT NON-OBLIGATORY ESTIMATE. Once they say yes the job is pretty much a sold deal.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

    Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

  • #3

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    We do all of our estimates by phone. And it is possible by using google for the street view and maps.live.com for the birdseye. There has never been a suprise when we got to a house, where we said to ourselves, "damn I wish I would have estimated this in person." Our avergae job is 40-60 miles each way, so onsite estimates that we may close only 20-30% of the time, would cost us more in gas than we would end up making. The google street view and maps.live.com are invaluble tools for estimating.
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

  • #4

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    Many of you may already been aware of this, but many are not.

    Google maps has a street view mode. Roving google subcontractors drive through towns and film streets in 360 degree circles. These are very current photos and in many instances give you a clear view of three sides of a home. Combined with a satellite view and a square footage quote from Zillow or a local assesment office, you don't have to visit the house to put together a very accurate proposal.

    Has your street been done?

    http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/
    Fenner, i started a thread about this very topic months ago over at Bob's, with very little interest or reply. This tool alone more than likely saved me a few hundred or more in gas this past summer. Great topic.
    Precision Power Washing & Non-Pressure Roof Cleaning Evansville, IN 270-860-7894
    Kevin O'Bryan; Owner/Operator

  • #5

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    So how do you guys that use this method implement it?

    When I get calls, Im usually working, so I cant just go online and pull up their address and give a rough estimate.
    I wouldnt feel right telling a "potential customer" that I'll have to look up their property online and get back to them.
    If it is something odd ball like a patio or deck, I have to look at it.
    Problem to is that livemaps.com or google maps wont always show the property, so then your pretty much obligated to see it or use you best judgement and give a ball park figure.

    Hows everyones success with this?
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

  • #6

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    Chad, I am going to use it in conjunction with my website leads. But I am also going to use it for all leads so I have a heads up before I go do the sale. I schedule estimates for weekends only so when someone calls during the week I tell them I'll be there on Saturday or Sunday depending how I route myself. This gives me the time to use the online tools.

    How cool is it to show up with an estimate sheet with the customers name and a picture of their property on it? Just another way to notch up your professionalism in the eyes of the public.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies




  • #7

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    Quote Originally Posted by precisionpower View Post
    Fenner, i started a thread about this very topic months ago over at Bob's, with very little interest or reply. This tool alone more than likely saved me a few hundred or more in gas this past summer. Great topic.
    OB, I think many of the rural areas haven't been mapped yet but over the last few months even the outskirts of my service area is now included. That's what prompted me to bring it back into the light.

    I'm not a big fan of advocating not meeting with customers, but for some, that is their business model and this is an incredible tool.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies




  • #8

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    I used to use google...however had a lady on the phone and was explaining things when the question popped up..."where are you at?". I had made certain mentions of particular items in her yard / driveway and it made her VERY SCARED. I think she thought I was already outside.

    Since then I have stopped and went back to the personal touch of actually meeting the customers.

  • #9

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    I had a customer on the phone while I was looking at his property. Funny thing is, he was getting different seasons/views then I was getting and we were on the same site. After we hung up I started playing around and sometimes you can get 8 different pics for the same property just by hitting the rotate button. Pretty cool, huh
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

  • #10

    Default Re: The be-all-end all of house wash estimating (and commercial)

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    So how do you guys that use this method implement it?

    When I get calls, Im usually working, so I cant just go online and pull up their address and give a rough estimate.
    I wouldnt feel right telling a "potential customer" that I'll have to look up their property online and get back to them.
    If it is something odd ball like a patio or deck, I have to look at it.
    Problem to is that livemaps.com or google maps wont always show the property, so then your pretty much obligated to see it or use you best judgement and give a ball park figure.

    Hows everyones success with this?


    I always want to go and actually see the property and be face to face with the customer but for the times that I cannot I will use it. Here is how it goes for me.... They call and explain what they have that needs cleaned. I get some basic info from them and then I mention my minimum or a price range for that type of work. If still interested I tell them to give me their adress and I will take a look at their property today or tommorrow. I then look it up and if it is a home that is easily viewable thru the map sites then I will call them later in the day and tell them that I looked at their property and the price will be such and such and I tell them about the company and processes.

    Not as good of a closing ratio compared to doing it onsite but with these short daylight hours and busy times, it works.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

    Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

  • Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO