• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

4.0 to 5.6 Swap

Brian Custer

Hey guys....Thinking about switching my 4.0gpm pump out for the 5.6gpm on a pressure pro GX390 13 horse Honda 4200psi. I've researched the swap a bunch and have found I can successfully make the upgrade and run at about 2500 psi and 5.6 gpm. My question is for this unit is the loss of psi worth the gpm? I do use this machine primarily for house washes, but also sometimes for surface cleaning. I know the gpm is where the power is, I'm just concerned about dropping the psi so drastically on concrete. What you think?

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

Moua Her

It will do just fine. I did the same thing your about to do. On difficult stuff as concrete just pre treat if you arent already.

Ralph Quaglia

The only thing you need pressure on is concrete and paver brick. The extra gpm is worth it. If you don't have an xjet, get one. If you have a problem with a nasty driveway, you can use a stronger mix to offset the lack of pressure. I run 10 gpm @ 3000, but at the end of 200 feet of hose, the pressure is down to about 2000 and I can clean any driveway I come across.

Brian Custer

As long as you keep the SC to no larger than 19" you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know the whisper wash is top dawg, but would an 18" give a better result in this situation? I need to buy a new SC either way. Thanks again.

Ralph Quaglia

I know the whisper wash is top dawg, but would an 18" give a better result in this situation? I need to buy a new SC either way. Thanks again.

Get a classic. If you measure the classic bar from tip to tip it is 16", and you get a 18+ cleaning path. I ran a classic with that machine just fine. The proper tip size is a #7. But for some reason they send you a 6.5 with the unit. So you would use two 25035's on the classic. Once you figure it out, maybe even go to a 4 nozzle bar with 4 #2's on the bar. That will give you 1800 psi with a 100 feet of hose.

Brian Custer

Get a classic. If you measure the classic bar from tip to tip it is 16", and you get a 18+ cleaning path. I ran a classic with that machine just fine. The proper tip size is a #7. But for some reason they send you a 6.5 with the unit. So you would use two 25035's on the classic. Once you figure it out, maybe even go to a 4 nozzle bar with 4 #2's on the bar. That will give you 1800 psi with a 100 feet of hose.
Tip size was my next question with the gpm/psi change. Thank you for the info!