• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Stripping

ecowash nz

Hi guys we are based in New Zealand. We do a lot of general washing but our main line of work is timber restoration. When you guys are talking about stripping is it a chemical stripper or a surface cleaner that you are using to remove a stain? If the house has a stain and the client is requiring a oil application we chemically strip the old stain totally of the house. When the timber just silvered off over time we use a surface cleaner. What I would like to know is how do you guys apply the stripper, we use a pressure pot.

Florin Nutu

Hi guys we are based in New Zealand. We do a lot of general washing but our main line of work is timber restoration. When you guys are talking about stripping is it a chemical stripper or a surface cleaner that you are using to remove a stain? If the house has a stain and the client is requiring a oil application we chemically strip the old stain totally of the house. When the timber just silvered off over time we use a surface cleaner. What I would like to know is how do you guys apply the stripper, we use a pressure pot.

Whats a pressure pot?
When you mention surface cleaner... are you talking about some type of solution or an actual concrete surface cleaner?

We use a shurflo pump setup or downstream to apply depending of the type of stain. We use F-18 or HD-80 wood strippers which are a sodium hydroxide based products.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
A pressure pot allows you to set a bucket in it and you pressurise it with an air compressor and then you can spray from the spray gun. I have seen one used for spraying deck stain. Sweet setup.

The stripper is applied via a dedicated pump like Florin said and some even use a pump up sprayer.

Terry Miller

Ecowash nz,
To answer your questions. Stripping is the chemical or physical removal from a substrate for re finishing or painting. We normally use a chemical stripper applied by pump us sprayer. Some more caustic then others. Some cleaners as F-18 may be downstreamed on concrete. It depends on what products we use. A few of us here are painters. Therefore most would not use a pressure pot. I hope this helps.

Damaris Sutton

I was using ACR's products as well as a few others, but did not find it to work as well as I had liked to. It was not bad, but it just did not fit my mold. What I did was start some testing on some woods I have at home to kind of dial in my ratio numbers to get the outcome I liked.

The only time I ever used a pressure pot was with my HVLP. It worked out well for the kind of finish I was performing on high end new construction.

As far as applying strippers, if I can help it I will be DS it all the way, but ofcoarse every job has different issues to deal with. Can not apply the cookie cutter scenario to everything in this industry.