• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Contest #1 - What Question Has Not Been Asked?

Carlos Gonzales

Re: What Question Has Not Been Asked?

All right Pat....I thought this would go to 3 pages before someone figured it out. Way to go.

There will be another contest very soon. It will be on this BBS...Look for another thread. It will be much more difficult because the prize will BIG AND BAD...LOL

So Pat....you have 3 choices to choose from for a prize:

1. $50.00 Gift Certificate from your distributor of choice

2. $50.00 off your Registration Fee for the National Convention

3. Choice between a Chia-Pet or a Clapper like the ones you see on T.V not those imitations you see in stores.

Pick your poison brother!

**Disclaimer...the UAMCC is not paying for any of the gifts...especially the Clapper or Chia-Pet.. This will be donated by me!! Pat...you must pick a prize!!

What is the difference between an active carbon filter and a carbon filter?

or

How dose a turbo nozzle work?

or

What is the difference between a car tire and a trailer tire?

or

What is the pro's & cons on a clay filter?

or

What is a Multi Media Filter?

I can go on....

Florin Nutu

For the woodies...

Is there health risks due to repeated exposure to stain on skin?

Dont know if my tan lines are from the sun or the pigment of the stains:confused:

Carlos Gonzales

Wow....Great questions everyone...Keep them coming. Pat won but keep them coming. It was a silly contest but this thread is heading towards 4 pages.

There will be another contest...similar to this but the stakes will be a little bit bigger.....keep it coming contractors!

Florin...I like the questions about the stain....goo stuff dude

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
:Smiley-2147: The question was a joke. :Smiley-2147:

I tell you what....

Give this to the person that wins the free hotel stay. Since I am not able to attend this year I will do my part and give this to someone that is going. Just to piggy back on what John and Kathy are doing I would like this to go to the chosen winner.

Carlos Gonzales

:Smiley-2147: The question was a joke. :Smiley-2147:

I tell you what....

Give this to the person that wins the free hotel stay. Since I am not able to attend this year I will do my part and give this to someone that is going. Just to piggy back on what John and Kathy are doing I would like this to go to the chosen winner.

Sounds like a plan...I will let JT know...Your answer...though silly was what I was looking for.

Thanks Pat...

Michael Tessaro

What is the difference in the non-detergent oil I use in my pumps and the oil I use in engines?

I dont know if its been asked. But I have an answer.

N-D or Non Detergent is just that, no additives. Motor oil is set by an SAE standard. Additives ( detergents ) are added to clean an internal combustion engine during operation. Polymers are added create viscosity ( flow ). An example is 5w-50 oil has the flow of 5 weight oil at 0 degrees but has the 50 shear strength at 500 degrees or higher temps.

So why do you put N-D in your pump? Your pump is not an internal combustion engine and doesnt create carbon. It is just needed for lubrication. Oil in a IC engine needs both, lubrication and cleaning.

Clear as dirty oil? The above was a very simplified explanation.

Jim Chesmore

heres one

what to look for and what to stay away from when dealing with insurance companies.

for example: I bid and win a job for ABC Condos. The PM informs me I need extra XYZ coverage on my insurance. Can I get XYZ as a short term coverage (as long as the job lasts) or does it depend on what XYZ actually is?

Jeff LeCours

heres one

what to look for and what to stay away from when dealing with insurance companies.

for example: I bid and win a job for ABC Condos. The PM informs me I need extra XYZ coverage on my insurance. Can I get XYZ as a short term coverage (as long as the job lasts) or does it depend on what XYZ actually is?

In some cases you can get the insurance needed per job. I have some projects that go over the 4 story limit that is on most policies. I give them the estimated payrol for that one job thats over 4 stories and they just add it on. Fairly reasonable and I am covered, unlike a lot of companies that will just go and do it and take the risk of not actually being covered

Jim Chesmore

In some cases you can get the insurance needed per job. I have some projects that go over the 4 story limit that is on most policies. I give them the estimated payrol for that one job thats over 4 stories and they just add it on. Fairly reasonable and I am covered, unlike a lot of companies that will just go and do it and take the risk of not actually being covered

So is your extra coverage just for that one job or do you need to continue it for a year?

I ask because this is happening with me right now. The PM insisted I get covered to their specs so I did. My ins. went up over $1k year. I went to cancel the extra ins. after the job and they said no, I had to keep it for a year.

Is this the standard or are they giving me the run around and I should fight it to get it removed?

Jeff LeCours

So is your extra coverage just for that one job or do you need to continue it for a year?

I ask because this is happening with me right now. The PM insisted I get covered to their specs so I did. My ins. went up over $1k year. I went to cancel the extra ins. after the job and they said no, I had to keep it for a year.

Is this the standard or are they giving me the run around and I should fight it to get it removed?

Basically yes I tell them I will have $4000 payroll on such and such project they charge me $143.58 good for that one job

Jim it sounds like you had to add on either Work Corp or increase your GL??? Some companies most I would say will just do it yearly, you have to ask, before hand if there's some other kind of policy that you can pay per the job, mine does it because it was out of the 4 story limit, some will many won't. But say yours didnt because you have 300K GL and the PM requires 1 million, I think most companies will put it on for the year, thats how they are making their money, charging you yearly.

what did you have to do increase GL or Comp