• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Is it possible?

plainpainter

I am kind of confused - is this like a japanese koan? I haven't done anywhere near close to 200k - but is it possible? I don't see why not? I know an irrigation guy that did 250k in gross sales this year off his own back and a helper.

Ken Fenner

With 5 crews, cooperative weather, an ops manager and a dense higher income market, a resi company can hit $500K without traveling more than 20 miles.

Carlos Gonzales

With 5 crews, cooperative weather, an ops manager and a dense higher income market, a resi company can hit $500K without traveling more than 20 miles.

I bet you could knock down that number to 3 crews and make a good run at it. All cylinders would need to be firing though.

I guess this brings me up to a question....could be another thread I guess BUT :biggrin: what do some of you think is good money for a years work? This includes all your services...ia. staining, sealant, overlays, landscaping..whatever...sky is the limit!

Ken Fenner

Its funny Carlos, the more crews you add, you get diminishing returns. You are correct though, if all cylinders are firing, it is feasible for one crew to do $130K but the work has to be higher grossing (roof/deck/house combos etc). The next level of money comes in the multi unit washing. I think three crews can more easily hit the $500K mark performing that type of bulk work.

I have determined to meet my numbers we have to average $800 per day per crew. That's a rain or shine average (ie one day $1600, the next day no work due to heavy rain).

Is your question about owner salary or just gross billing? I'll make it generic. I think an owner that is set up right with strong margins can pull $35K/yr per crew.

plainpainter

For me as a one man show, 'good' money would be grossing 200k off my own back from 200-215 work days. I don't get 200-215 work days in a year, though.

Don M.

Carlos just house washing, deck restoration and roofs.

I'm going to be discussing this a lot over on Barry's board. I don't want to put my ideas out in public because of too much local competition. Guys I don't really know are really watching me. And that's okay. I mean no disrespect tothem but I have to put my family first.

Chris Tharpe

Just a quick breakdown of the numbers gives you a target goal like Fenner was stating.

There are 261 weekdays in the year of 2010. 200,000.00 divided by the total number of workdays would give you a target goal of $766.28 per day if you worked every weekday and if you miss 15 days for rain then you would have to refigure your daily goals to account for that marginal miss making the total goal daily 813.01 figured out on 246 working days in a year

plainpainter

Carlos just house washing, deck restoration and roofs.

I'm going to be discussing this a lot over on Barry's board. I don't want to put my ideas out in public because of too much local competition. Guys I don't really know are really watching me. And that's okay. I mean no disrespect tothem but I have to put my family first.

Is there a 'secret' forum there that you need to be invited to?

Don M.

Just a quick breakdown of the numbers gives you a target goal like Fenner was stating.

There are 261 weekdays in the year of 2010. 200,000.00 divided by the total number of workdays would give you a target goal of $766.28 per day if you worked every weekday and if you miss 15 days for rain then you would have to refigure your daily goals to account for that marginal miss making the total goal daily 813.01 figured out on 246 working days in a year

I'll have to count the days since our season starts late Feb and runs until November. Thats a lot less days.

Dan, yes. There is a section on Barry's board that is private. He has to approve guys before you can get access to it. Go over there and ask permission and I will ask him to grant it for you.

Its a good place. Only a handful of guys just talking business. No B.S. that you get on some boards.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
I'll have to count the days since our season starts late Feb and runs until November. Thats a lot less days.

Dan, yes. There is a section on Barry's board that is private. He has to approve guys before you can get access to it. Go over there and ask permission and I will ask him to grant it for you.

Its a good place. Only a handful of guys just talking business. No B.S. that you get on some boards.

This is possible! we are oh so very close to that 200k mark this year with our commercial work incorpoated in that number as well. I do see us pushing that over next season.

Jimmy V

Don M.

Hey Jimmy, Im not really wanting to travel the commercial road. I havent ruled it out yet, but Id rather not. Im just want to stick straight to resi work.