• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

Brian Wendling

What is the going rate on cleaning and collecting all the water on a 300,000 sq ft. old floor? It has it all dirt, oil, grime and we will filter and reuse a lot of the water and then take out around 3000 gal. Looking for a square foot price.

Chris Tharpe

Just guessing depending upon your equipment specs I would think around 6 to 8 cents per sq.ft but thats in my market. I just quoted 125,000 of similar specs at .14 cents

Jim Cooney

Pictures would help, but if it's really dirty, as you have described, hauling out 3000 gallons +, I'd think $0.12 to $0.15 a sq ft would be the range.

Chris Tharpe

Whoops, missed the hauling away part. Sounds like fun and possibly something to look at a septic tank pump out company to possible haul it off for you

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
What is the going rate on cleaning and collecting all the water on a 300,000 sq ft. old floor? It has it all dirt, oil, grime and we will filter and reuse a lot of the water and then take out around 3000 gal. Looking for a square foot price.

Brian,
We have done this type of work before inside warehouses.
Give me a call and maybe i can give you some insight on saving some money on the hauling away part. We are bidding on a few warehouses floors right now as well (hope its not the same ones) LoL.

Jimmy V

Brian Wendling

It is in my nieghborhood and I will bring in some tanks and then have a company come and pump it out. It is for a construction company that I work with and I was thinking around .25 cents. I got the prints and it is closer to 200,000 sq ft. But Jan. work is great to have so maybe .22 cents.

Tony Szabo

This unit would come in handy at the cleaning rate of 8,000 to 10,000 sq. ft. per hour.
Want to sub a contractor, Brian?

I also would like to thank Brian on the positive words of kindness he gave myself and my business from a job with both bid against. Building trust in relationships and business is very important to me.

Thank You Brian for your professionalism!

Attachments

• HoverWashSIDE1proof2.jpg
    HoverWashSIDE1proof2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 93

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
It is in my nieghborhood and I will bring in some tanks and then have a company come and pump it out. It is for a construction company that I work with and I was thinking around .25 cents. I got the prints and it is closer to 200,000 sq ft. But Jan. work is great to have so maybe .22 cents.

Brian,
See if the it has a sanitary sewer cleanout that you can dump into ,this would save you a few bucks. I hate to give pricing out but i think you will overshoot the bid if it just flat surface cleaning. Inside flat cleaning with floor scrubbers to suck up water (hint) for 200k sf would be around 15-18cents. depending on how bad the floors are.

Jimmy V

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Brian,
See if the it has a sanitary sewer cleanout that you can dump into ,this would save you a few bucks. I hate to give pricing out but i think you will overshoot the bid if it just flat surface cleaning. Inside flat cleaning with floor scrubbers to suck up water (hint) for 200k sf would be around 15-18cents. depending on how bad the floors are.

Jimmy V

I hate to see good contractors overshoot there bids in jan!!!!!

Brian Wendling

That was the first question, I know that if we could throw it down the old Sanitary sewer line I would have.

Tony call me I may take you up on it.

Call my cell anytime 215-416-2355

Nick Campanale

That's $ 0.15 - 0.25/sqft all day long for that scope.

I am amazed of how it keeps going up!! I dont care what market your in you are not getting .25 a sq ft for flatwork. Especially when you have 150,000 sq ft and up to clean normally you will get between .08 and .10 sq ft realisticly you will get between .04 to .06 sq ft. They all want a discount when there is alot of sq ft to clean, I have lost jobs with recovery @ .05 sq ft. So if your making .25 a sq ft all day long you are something special :clap:

Jim Cooney

I've never done a job below $0.065 a square foot, (that was a 165,000 sq ft plaza, no gum, all flatwork) and with reclamation nothing less than $0.14 a square foot.

I'm doing a job tonight @ $0.18 square foot (lots of gum, 8,000 square foot)

How can anyone make money at $0.05 a square foot ? Sure, there are "competitors" that are doing work here in Phoenix for $0.02 - $0.05 a square foot, but they're basically only blowing the dust off the ground.

I understand these are troubling economic times, and many property owners/managers are looking for "cheap". My 1 major PM company is scaling back their budget since they are loosing tenets, and have asked me to scale down my scope of work, not quality. 1 example is instead of doing one of their 50,000 sq ft project 4 times a year, I have submitted my bids for next year to just do the entrance-ways every other service. This fits their budget.

We have a chain of convenience stores here, Circle K. They are paying $25.00 per cleaning for a 2300 sq ft location, $125.00 for a 4 fuel island, 10,000 sq ft location. I watched a 2 man crew blow through a 10,000 sq ft location near my home about a month ago. They were in and out within an hour. No chemicals, no spinner, just 2 guys racing around with wands blowing off the dust.

To make matters worse, they were spraying customers cars while they were entering or leaving. Watched the hose get run over twice. I sure wish I had my video camera with me.

Quality work retains customers, and is the most valuable source of advertising.

Nick Campanale

I've never done a job below $0.065 a square foot, (that was a 165,000 sq ft plaza, no gum, all flatwork) and with reclamation nothing less than $0.14 a square foot.

I'm doing a job tonight @ $0.18 square foot (lots of gum, 8,000 square foot)

How can anyone make money at $0.05 a square foot ? Sure, there are "competitors" that are doing work here in Phoenix for $0.02 - $0.05 a square foot, but they're basically only blowing the dust off the ground.

I understand these are troubling economic times, and many property owners/managers are looking for "cheap". My 1 major PM company is scaling back their budget since they are loosing tenets, and have asked me to scale down my scope of work, not quality. 1 example is instead of doing one of their 50,000 sq ft project 4 times a year, I have submitted my bids for next year to just do the entrance-ways every other service. This fits their budget.

We have a chain of convenience stores here, Circle K. They are paying $25.00 per cleaning for a 2300 sq ft location, $125.00 for a 4 fuel island, 10,000 sq ft location. I watched a 2 man crew blow through a 10,000 sq ft location near my home about a month ago. They were in and out within an hour. No chemicals, no spinner, just 2 guys racing around with wands blowing off the dust.

To make matters worse, they were spraying customers cars while they were entering or leaving. Watched the hose get run over twice. I sure wish I had my video camera with me.

Quality work retains customers, and is the most valuable source of advertising.

I have been doing this a long time and they would laugh you right out of town if you told them 18 cents a sq ft. $1440.00 for 8000 sq ft, even with alot of gum that would take us 1.5 hours to do at most. It must be nice to make $960.00 an hour....:clap:

Jeff LeCours

I have been doing this a long time and they would laugh you right out of town if you told them 18 cents a sq ft. $1440.00 for 8000 sq ft, even with alot of gum that would take us 1.5 hours to do at most. It must be nice to make $960.00 an hour....:clap:

I hear you Nick. I wish it was like that around here. I met a guy in Minn was getting $.25,man thats some bucks$$$$$$$$$$

Happy New Year to you & yours Nick Yahoo

Jim Cooney

Well we didn't get around to doing the project until last night. Took us 14.5 man hours; almost 10 man hours just on the gum. Must of been 5000+ pieces of gum, and since the property hadn't been cleaned in 10 years, the majority of the gum was very difficult.

On this particular project, we also did all the exterior glass, including removal of glue and glue residue from one of the previous tenets (Hollywood Video) gluing their advertising to the exterior glass. The glass was an additional $225.00.

I understand your point Nick. It is rare I get $0.18 a square foot, but this property was in terrible shape. If it was just the flatwork with minimal gum that hadn't baked in the sun for 10+ years, I would of bid it at $0.10 a square foot.

Unless I am doing a property 4 times a year, any project I do under 10,000 square foot starts at $0.10 a square foot. I'm keeping busy and more and more work keeps coming my way, mostly from work of mouth advertising.