• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

First Roof of The Season Tomorrow

Scott Davis

I videotaped a roof cleaning and put it into a advertising video, and posted it on youtube and the boards. Everyone told me it showed how "easy" the service was and that it cheapened the service.

Ken Fenner

I did that Jim, and got excoriated for it. "They" told me it cheapened the service to show videos in advertising.

That's interesting. When I think about it, I can understand the mentality coming from a TV commercial viewpoint. People could care less about the work. Everyone knows and understands what a worker performing a trade looks like. I think an exception would be if your video shows something extraordinary such as multiple employees in professional looking uniforms that just scream "organized". Other than that though, you are right, there is no real reason to show technique in a commercial unless you are selling training videos.

On the flip side of that, there is nothing wronng with having YouTube excerpts to further explain to potential customers what you mean. Everyone is using the term "soft washing" (me too.. SoftTouch) these days. That's a meaningless term to customers. It might inspire warm and fuzzies, but why not show them what it means? This is where a video comes in handy.

Here is Michael K showing exactly what I mean.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2R5hmbvx4[/ame]

Florin Nutu

That's interesting. When I think about it, I can understand the mentality coming from a TV commercial viewpoint. People could care less about the work. Everyone knows and understands what a worker performing a trade looks like. I think an exception would be if your video shows something extraordinary such as multiple employees in professional looking uniforms that just scream "organized". Other than that though, you are right, there is no real reason to show technique in a commercial unless you are selling training videos.

On the flip side of that, there is nothing wronng with having YouTube excerpts to further explain to potential customers what you mean. Everyone is using the term "soft washing" (me too.. SoftTouch) these days. That's a meaningless term to customers. It might inspire warm and fuzzies, but why not show them what it means? This is where a video comes in handy.

Here is Michael K showing exactly what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2R5hmbvx4

That is one of the most memorable, discriptive of low pressure vids out there. It is perfect

Scott Davis

Our biggest competitor uses a pitch witch with a pressure washer to clean roofs. So when you compare our no pressure video, compared side by side with his video, our looks a whole lot safer, which was my intention in the video.

A caveat to this is, I was standing on the roof with Bleached jeans and no safety harness (one of our first roofs using SH), so it was a terrible video to advertise with. But the complaints were because of the showing of the process itself, nothing else.

Jim Chesmore

I didnt mean to show the entire video to customers, I meant for it to be edited so that you can show what you do without showing how you do it..

John Doherty

Glad to hear that John. Got any more roofs lined up.

Thanks Dave, I have a few lined up waiting on the weather. I also have an apartment complex scheduled for first week of April (weather permitting).

I think I have some shopping centers coming up for April/May working with another contractor.

I plan on crushing my #s this year! :yes:

I'm considering setting up a working manager and my 2 best full time guys are committed for the entire season.