• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Headlight restoration?

Detail Pro

Hey guys, Just wondering if you guys are offering headlight restortation to your fleet accounts. I know this is a pressure washing forum but it is a great up sell not to mention 60 bucks for 15min. of work. Below are some examples of my work.

Attachments

• hd before.jpg
    hd before.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 77
  • hd after.jpg
    hd after.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 95

Chris Chappell

There is a couple people here doing that on busy street corners, usually in vacant building lots or business places that are not too busy.

I checked and it is around $45.00 for both headlights.

If I wanted to learn how to do that, does someone sell a kit and instructions or training?

I have a 98' Mustang GT that needs that done on the headlights, they are bad. Not sure if it is worth learning how to do that and try to upsell on fleets or just have it done for my car.

How much of an investment in your opinion to be able to do this for customers? Thanks.

For a while I was doing 3 or more headlight resto's a week for a used car lot.With the economy down that has just about stopped.
I used a compound and polish also.I spent part of the time masking the time masking the paint and and rubber around the head lights.usually no more than 30 minutes per car.Average is $60,but I have seen guys doing them for 1/2 that.
Once in a while they need wet sanding before the compund and polish.

Ken Fenner

Adrian, is there a way to take windshield wiper marks out a windshield? I tried a compound but it might have been too fine. Any suggestions?

Ken Fenner

I hear ya, Scott. My own research found a bunch of videos that all use specialized buffers and slurries.. outta my league. I bought one of my vans with these marks and they always drive me crazy when I have to drive it.

DJ Carroll

I hear ya, Scott. My own research found a bunch of videos that all use specialized buffers and slurries.. outta my league. I bought one of my vans with these marks and they always drive me crazy when I have to drive it.

Come on Ken we all know you don't go out into the field any more :biggrin:

Ken Fenner

Come on Ken we all know you don't go out into the field any more :biggrin:

LOL.. sometimes I have to move it across the lot.

I've been out working for a living all spring. Its been fun, I dropped 15 lbs and well I am over that now that things have slowed down. This windshield still bothers me though.

Lonnie Greenwood

Fleet washing

HEY GUYS IM LOOKING FOR PORTABLE WASH PAD FOR CLEANING HEAVY EQIUPMENT WERE DO I START LOOKING ARE THERE ANY SUPLIERS ON THE FORUM THAT CAN HELP ME OUT IM IN FLORIDA THANKS:clap: