• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Large UAMCC Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
As evidence that an org can remain stagnant for a long time an take its time working on the inner workings and then be accepted and promoted by the industry, I humbly submit to you .......the PWNA.

Remember the hare and the turtle? Somebody was probably telling the hare to get going or they weren't going to sponsor him anymore! :)

Jeff LeCours

As evidence that an org can remain stagnant for a long time an take its time working on the inner workings and then be accepted and promoted by the industry, I humbly submit to you .......the PWNA.

Remember the hare and the turtle? Somebody was probably telling the hare to get going or they weren't going to sponsor him anymore! :)

I say at one point up to recently the PWNA didnt even really care if they had a lot of members. They cared more that some could keep their KEC certificates through the PWNA for their big dollar companies. Do I fault them as businessmen trying to keep the goose that lays the golden egg going? No. Its saves some of the PWNA brass 10,000's of thousands of dollars having cheap KEC certificates from the PWNA I bet. This is just speculation and what I hear in dribs & drabs. But there are no questions about that to the top PWNA brass, UAMCC got and gets scrutinized on every little step, glad they were now, but who's watching the other Contractor Org???? Then they saw the UAMCC getting some footing and then they started waking up, its how I think of it. Might be wrong, might be right, just doesnt matter to me I am not a member of the PWNA. But the industry I make my living in, does matter to me.
I just would hope the PWNA does more and more to help ALL CONTRACTORS. Help promote our industry as true professionals, help protect us from unreasonable BMP's the list goes on etc etc

Tony Shelton

I just spent about an hour reading old posts about how we were attacking the UAMCC and trying to destroy it - because Ron didn't "own" it, I guess. Roger Medbury, all the painters (where have they disappeared to?) Ken, Matt, Trey Posey and many others.

There are only two left in the dust, Ken and Matt. You have to ask yourself, "why are they in such a hurry?". Why are they acting like, "if something isn't done soon, the UAMCC is going to be dead and gone"? What is the motive behind that? What motive is there behind it?

All this talk about the BOD needing to do something fast is bullsh*t. If you guys want the BOD to do something then volunteer to do something. Otherwise quit feigning concern.

I couldn't care less what you guys think about me. You can't save me - Jesus already did that. You can't **** me, I've got a wonderful wife that does a great job. You got nothing for me. But you do have a contractor for contractor org that could be something good. I would like to see that happen.

So, at this point I'm just putting it out there like I always do. My suggestion is to look over the past posts. If you were fooled by the ED, then maybe just take a moment to reflect on your naivety before you judge the motives of the "naysayers". (Unless you are a know-it-all and then you can follow the advice of Michael and stfu. :)

Tony Shelton

BTW if I'm wrong (Matt and Ken) let everyone know what you would volunteer to do to help make the BOD and the UAMCC succeed. And please, be specific.

Jeff LeCours

I just spent about an hour reading old posts about how we were attacking the UAMCC and trying to destroy it - because Ron didn't "own" it, I guess. Roger Medbury, all the painters (where have they disappeared to?) Ken, Matt, Trey Posey and many others.

There are only two left in the dust, Ken and Matt. You have to ask yourself, "why are they in such a hurry?". Why are they acting like, "if something isn't done soon, the UAMCC is going to be dead and gone"? What is the motive behind that? What motive is there behind it?

All this talk about the BOD needing to do something fast is bullsh*t. If you guys want the BOD to do something then volunteer to do something. Otherwise quit feigning concern.

I couldn't care less what you guys think about me. You can't save me - Jesus already did that. You can't **** me, I've got a wonderful wife that does a great job. You got nothing for me. But you do have a contractor for contractor org that could be something good. I would like to see that happen.

So, at this point I'm just putting it out there like I always do. My suggestion is to look over the past posts. If you were fooled by the ED, then maybe just take a moment to reflect on your naivety before you judge the motives of the "naysayers". (Unless you are a know-it-all and then you can follow the advice of Michael and stfu. :)

Tony, I think, I know most are mostly concerned about lack of communication, I understand the lack of communication may be because they are working on things, but I can't and you shouldn't expect anyone to blindly believe in something that hasn't shown promis, benefits yet or communicated well. You havent joined and you have questioned many things even within these past few months. Everyone and anyone has the right to question the direction of this UAMCC you have and you weren't even a member, Ken & Matt were, they both invested time, money and heart

I believe the BOD is working on things and the prodding from us and others isnt bashing, its concern

You know what I mean? And please don't be to specific LOL

Tony Shelton

I hope it's not bashing. These guys have been sitting on pins and needles trying to get the UAMCC in the hands of contractors with the least amount of legal problems. I understand the concern about them "doing nothing", but I wouldn't do a lot either if I wasn't 100% sure of the ownership of the org. That's why we haven't joined yet. Maybe the prodding is just a little bit premature as was the drive for members to re-up.

Ken Fenner

Tony, you are a walking bore fest. You carry around this mirror of profound perception like many people do but the irony is.. those people never point that mirror at themselves. Its easier for them to stand behind it. I guess they feel like they are fooling someone besides themselves with their self proclaimed perfect moral compass.

Matt: Donated sizable amounts of money, joined the org right away and launched the org at one of the best round tables I have ever attended.
Tony Shelton: Did not invest a nickel.

Ken: Invested over a year of life, 7 days per week, hours every day helping with planning and building and making business plans. Speaking at a round table. Calling local contractors and convincing them to take a look at what we were doing. Designing the website and building the forum which you write on... making sure the org had viable income to sustain the web marketing.
Tony Shelton: Did not invest any time other than obviously not reading any of the business plans or updates but feeling the need to spend hours bashing the org on forums.

Motives? It is your motives that many question. One day you hate the org. The next day you are a moderator that still spews the same venom and hatred and hides behind a bible and some quotes. Why do YOU care about the org so much now? I think any normal thinking person can understand why people that have invested in the org have an interest in it. What is your reason? Have YOU joined yet? Talk is cheap.

In a hurry? Come on. 8 months, brother. Let me see you or any of us put our customers on hold for 8 months. You are being emotional. Think logically for a second before you hit that "send". This org and its moderators are playing a game of strong arming. Don't question, don't speak out or else you get the wrath. That makes me laugh and yank yer chain harder. You've owned businesses for a long time, Tony. You sh-t or you get off the pot. Is that an inaccurate statement?

Rob Huffman

Ken,
Please refrain from saying anything about the moderators strong arming anyone. You know thats not the truth. You are also opening a whole can of worms with putting Matt and yourself in a mix of monkey poo....should I continue?

Jeff LeCours

Ken,
Please refrain from saying anything about the moderators strong arming anyone. You know thats not the truth. You are also opening a whole can of worms with putting Matt and yourself in a mix of monkey poo....should I continue?

I think Ken has the right like anyone to make statements. Rob forget about cans of worms, monkey poo and all that behind door number two stuff and just let people speak

You know what I mean?

Jeff LeCours

Bore fest....lmao, I like that one. I like Tony in person and on the phone, but on the BB's many things, ya borefest can fit at times LOL

Heck he's almost as bad as me with long babbling post

Now I want everyone to remember play nice and Life is Good!!!!!!

Ken Fenner

Ken,

Should you continue what? Proving my point about the strong arming? Please do. That's a threat for speaking my opinion.

I love irony.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Lets be fair here. Us guys posting here are probably more passionate about the UAMCC then most. The finger pointing and the blame game is over. We all can say whatever it is that we want but until the UAMCC BOD come out with any news there is no point in us guys dragging each other down. We all should get some credit for helping the UAMCC get off to a decent re-start and most of us should also take some of the blame for it doing a backslide. Yes you can say some guys did more positive things for the UAMCC then others did and some did more negative to the UAMCC then others did but finger pointing gets this org. nowhere.
Yes I make it clear about my thoughts on Carlos and I also take some of the blame because I quit. My emotions ran the gamut probably like some others did to. I say its over.....Turn the page. Take it all in stride and hopefully all involved learned something from it. I know I did.

Lets see if the BOD wants to come out with some news which just about all of us hope they will. Heck the BOD can say like the PWNA did years ago to get rid of the bb. I hope they don't do that because its an information hwy to the org. and back but regardless its time for them to say....something.

So lets keep this post constructive and try try to not let it blow up by doing the blame game and getting nasty about it. Where all professionals because we get paid for what we do and that is thru contracting,Distribution etc.

Tony Shelton

Matt: Donated sizable amounts of money, joined the org right away and launched the org at one of the best round tables I have ever attended.
Tony Shelton: Did not invest a nickel.

How much did Matt invest Ken? What is that number? If this was a non-profit there should be records of that. How much did he demand back Ken? How much was returned to him? Don't throw out BS that you can't back up. How much did you and Matt pay for your memberships? If you want the poo we can stir up the poo. Do you think these people reading this are idiots?

I give Matt credit for putting on a good event. But what you guys provided was an event that was a platform for an unvetted leadership to take money from "marks" and spend it on whatever they pleased. That kindof throws another slant on it doesn't it?

How many contractors were at your "event"? How many vendors? I had 4 vendors and 50 contractors. I refused to invite the same unvetted leadership to my roundtable.

Now how proud are you of the "Event" that siphoned money from the contractor's pockets? I'm proud of my "little" event.

Ken: Invested over a year of life, 7 days per week, hours every day helping with planning and building and making business plans. Speaking at a round table. Calling local contractors and convincing them to take a look at what we were doing. Designing the website and building the forum which you write on... making sure the org had viable income to sustain the web marketing.
Tony Shelton: Did not invest any time other than obviously not reading any of the business plans or updates but feeling the need to spend hours bashing the org on forums.

So you're saying you didn't work last year and donated all your time to the UAMCC??? How much of that time was spent simply slinging mud at me, Ron, Scott Stone and anybody else who dared question the leadership?

You went to "a" roundtable Ken?

The people who were really invested went to MULTIPLE roundtables all year and most of it was paid out of their own pockets. I've never seen you Ken. Do you really exist? I've been to over half of all the PW events in the past two years. Where have you been? I suppose you've been too busy spending 7 days a week planting back doors in the BBS so you can read everybody's emails and get private information to tive to a select few just like your com padre on the greasers board does. How surprised were you when the new BOD jerked the BBS out of your little hands? Do you like this poo. I've got a lot more. So you can lay your Halo down and quit pretending to be a UAMCC martyr. It might work on a board where people don't know what you've been doing for the past year, but it won't work here.

Motives? It is your motives that many question. One day you hate the org. The next day you are a moderator that still spews the same venom and hatred and hides behind a bible and some quotes. Why do YOU care about the org so much now? I think any normal thinking person can understand why people that have invested in the org have an interest in it. What is your reason? Have YOU joined yet? Talk is cheap.

I've never hated "the org". I've been a proponent of the org since I heard about it in 2008. I hate DECEPTION. I will spew venom about deception as long as I have breath. From the beginning I've believed that people shouldn't join an org purported to represent an industry for the sole purpose of getting "bennies". If you think you have to somehow get back some of the money you've "invested" in it, I say you were involved in it for the wrong reasons in the first place. You and the kind you represent are out. A group that wants to better the industry is in. I understand why you don't like it. Your are no longer captain of the "ship" that had already "set sail". You are now standing on the shore thinking "what can I do to sink it, it shouldn't even float without me behind the wheel". That is why you are dogging the BOD to hurry up. You know hurrying is the reason the ship sunk in the first place and you can't stand the idea that someone can sail something you sunk.

In a hurry? Come on. 8 months, brother. Let me see you or any of us put our customers on hold for 8 months. You are being emotional. Think logically for a second before you hit that "send". This org and its moderators are playing a game of strong arming. Don't question, don't speak out or else you get the wrath. That makes me laugh and yank yer chain harder. You've owned businesses for a long time, Tony. You sh-t or you get off the pot. Is that an inaccurate statement?

Yank all you like. At the end of that rope is the sh*t that you hope doesn't come out because you think people are too courteous to bring it up in public. I'm not courteous.

Answers in blue above.

All I'm asking the members who are still around to do is to remember who put the org where it is now. It wasn't just Carlos. It was a group of people who wouldn't listen to ANYTHING that wasn't in full praise of him or the TT in general. This org was brought down by inaction as much as action. Those who didn't act should be carefully evaluated before listening to them.

And to both Ken and Matt, you guys both have a lot to offer a contractor org. Unfortunately directional advice is not one of the things you two are skilled in. How about letting the BOD decide the direction and you two contribute with something you are skilled in like "making business plans" or "putting on roundtables".

Mathew Johnson

Answers in blue above.

All I'm asking the members who are still around to do is to remember who put the org where it is now. It wasn't just Carlos. It was a group of people who wouldn't listen to ANYTHING that wasn't in full praise of him or the TT in general. This org was brought down by inaction as much as action. Those who didn't act should be carefully evaluated before listening to them.

And to both Ken and Matt, you guys both have a lot to offer a contractor org. Unfortunately directional advice is not one of the things you two are skilled in. How about letting the BOD decide the direction and you two contribute with something you are skilled in like "making business plans" or "putting on roundtables".

OK Tony, You are right as usual. I will stick to business plans and round tables. I wasnt offering adivice, I was inquiring into what was going on for believe it or not - sincere reasons. I have three companies that between vendor memberships and contractor memberships could dump $1386.00 into the UAMCC coffers.

Now that you bring it up, I am planning (and have been for a while) another North Eastern Pressure Washing Seminar in the Spring of 2011. I have had over two dozen inquirys from the past attendees this year. Who knows, a local distributor may give a pressure washer away. Look for details later in the year. This is still in the planning stages and we are trying to get "all of the stars" aligned to make it happen. Hell tony, I might even be able to cover your room and air fare to come teach a vent class if you are interested and if there are enough people interested.

Rob Huffman

Ken,
You are so thoughtful on the irony and took that a lil wrong. Just because you sided with your "bro" and not me is ok. Really. I have seen the sides of people that I never knew. You can pick and choose as I can which friends we want. I just choose ones that are honest and not backdoor dealing types. Was it not you that called me forst asking me not to air out the dirty laundry? Just answer that. I know you wont discuss the stuff Tony mentioned...I know I wouldnt.

Matt,
you are a funny guy. I love your comments to say the least. I am sure Hydrotek has to be proud to have you as a dealer. Congrats on running 3 businesses too. Must take alot of time and effort. Hope they are successful ones...Oh yeah ACR is having a round table in the spring too. Guess you knew that?

Mathew Johnson

Ken,
You are so thoughtful on the irony and took that a lil wrong. Just because you sided with your "bro" and not me is ok. Really. I have seen the sides of people that I never knew. You can pick and choose as I can which friends we want. I just choose ones that are honest and not backdoor dealing types. Was it not you that called me forst asking me not to air out the dirty laundry? Just answer that. I know you wont discuss the stuff Tony mentioned...I know I wouldnt.

Matt,
you are a funny guy. I love your comments to say the least. I am sure Hydrotek has to be proud to have you as a dealer. Congrats on running 3 businesses too. Must take alot of time and effort. Hope they are successful ones...Oh yeah ACR is having a round table in the spring too. Guess you knew that?

Rob,

thanks for your comments. and yes, I knew that - they run one every spring, Tom and Barb run excellent round tables. Thats the beauty of 30,000 pressure washing contractors in this country, there are plenty to go around to attend different round tables. If I remember correctly, Henry ran concurrently with Toms's in your back yard last year and both had a great turnout

Jeff LeCours

Ken,

Matt,

Oh Rob relax or Matt & I might get you to quit the PWNA too. Its not about us contractors saying crap to each other its about bettering our industry

Its about love LOL

Tony Shelton

OK Tony, You are right as usual. I will stick to business plans and round tables. I wasnt offering adivice, I was inquiring into what was going on for believe it or not - sincere reasons. I have three companies that between vendor memberships and contractor memberships could dump $1386.00 into the UAMCC coffers.

Now that you bring it up, I am planning (and have been for a while) another North Eastern Pressure Washing Seminar in the Spring of 2011. I have had over two dozen inquirys from the past attendees this year. Who knows, a local distributor may give a pressure washer away. Look for details later in the year. This is still in the planning stages and we are trying to get "all of the stars" aligned to make it happen. Hell tony, I might even be able to cover your room and air fare to come teach a vent class if you are interested and if there are enough people interested.

Matt, you put on a good roundtable. It was better than mine, I will give you that. But if we got together we could put on a roundtable like the world has never seen!

I'll pay for my room first and you'll reimburse me right? :)

Rob Huffman

Jeff,
LOL are you sniffing the bleach? You nor anyone could make me quit the valuable org's I am a member of. My business is phenomonal this year. We are actually starting a new venture soon.

Matt,
I dont know if that was true or not. I like Tom and Barbs. Its always had some information to further my business...

Status
Not open for further replies.