• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Problems logging onto the forum or website?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
We all hope that this issue will resolve soon - or at least while the committee still has any hair to pull-out! :yes:

Roger Gothorp

We all hope that this issue will resolve soon - or at least while the committee still has any hair to pull-out! :yes:

The way I'm beginning to see this is that until this IS resolved, by either a firing/transfer of the site or a perfect magic fix before the end of business today - there is NO purpose for a web committee :( Members are mad, who knows how many emails, inquiries have been missed or search bounces the site has received. It's unacceptable. He who can put the foot down needs to do so. Mine are too small so I plan to enjoy the rest of my husband's birthday today, my daughter's tomorrow - I worked last Sunday so I'll check you folks on MONDAY :)

Have a great weekend!

Eric Flynn

I still can only access the site by using my phone :(
Good news is that we received a request for service today from the UAMCC website, so at least that is working.
I called her and set up a time for a bid :)

~Jen

Jim Cooney

Been on the road most of the day. Unable to access this site using my Verizon wireless card. But here at home, logged in immediately.

I guess the question is, like the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Why did the server change happen ? I've changed hosts before on a forum I am the admin on, and 2 of my websites. Never experienced any problems.

Roger Gothorp

Some are still having problems with their specific IP's.....as in - can see when IP is "hidden" but get the errors when trying to come in legitimately :( If it looks like a hack and it acts like a hack....well.

Ken Fenner

As a wise man once told me, Celeste, believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

There is no hack that occasionally blocks IP's. The person telling you that needs to call his or her own internet provider if they are having problems. It could also be a problem on their own computer.

Are other people out there getting access?

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey Ken-- THe odd thing about all of this is that officially I am not a UAMCC member and I'm having none of the problems that so many other members are having at this time accessing this bb or the website.

Maybe my non member status has an upside to it---no more headaches..lol J/K Seriously I hope you guys can resolve this soon because there in panic mode in the net word.

I'd help if I could but I know squat about web stuff---Good luck.

Ken Fenner

John, its the strangest thing I've ever experienced in all my time on the 'net. The second strangest thing is how people will huddle together and formulate conspiracy theories and suddenly become experts on internet technology, nonprofit law, national economics, you name it. I guess it is just human nature to look for the worst in things.

Thanks for the offer, John, I know you would help. The Big C is kickin arse and taking names on the web committee. She'll get it worked out.

Beth Borrego

Well now, this morning with my regular IP address, I still can't get on, but when I use a service to hide my IP, today I can post from the hidden IP after loggin in.

Ken, you know what the hack called Miserable Users is. You have known about it for years. But allow me to refresh your memory. This comes from the site and page where you download the hack from. This is not imaginary.

vBulletin 3.8 Version
Please remember to click Mark as Installed if you use this modification.
Support questions from members who have not marked this as installed will be considered low priority.

The ever popular "miserable users" hack for vb 3.8.

Basically a way to really annoy anyone you don't want visiting your forum. This version is based on the vb 3.7 version. Credit to Zzed for the original idea.

When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

Note: All the above options are set in the vBulletin Options.

To install this hack simply download the xml file to your pc and then import it into vbulletin as a product - then create your 'miserable users' usergroup and set the value of this group, and your preferred other settings, in the hacks settings area (vBulletin Oprions > Miserable Users). To make a member suffer just edit their profile to add them to the miserable users group (it will work as either the primary group or as a secondary group).

I have every reason to be concerned as a dues paying member who should have access. Yet on TGS Ken basically said he doesn't care if we do? THIS is the attitude of the admin?

Beth

Ken Fenner

Beth, I have never had reason to explore any such hack (not sure why you would?) and that type of hack would not affect the global website, only the BBS. I am the only person that has access to the admin of this BBS besides the tech guy. You can guarantee there is no one important enough for me to waste time playing games. I am trying to build the org by taking over administration duties here and offering lively business conversations. It would be seemingly counterproductive to that goal to intentionally not let people sign onto the forum. My job is to bring traffic, not hinder it.

My statement was (paraphrased) "if you can get on great, if not, life goes on". Allow me to clarify. If you can get on, awesome, we can all continue discussing things to make our business grow. If you cannot, you wait it out and continue life without another thought spent worrying about it. It wasn't a malicious statement, it was made under the premise that all of us are business people that probably have more to worry about. Whether or not we can access a website or BBS is not only unimportant in the gist of things, its out of our control. Its frustrating and its annoying, so I understand where you are coming from but what can we do? I didn't do anything special to get back on, just clicked yesterday evening and it suddenly loaded. My guess is eventually everyone will have access as whatever weird phenomenon works itself out.

I guess my question to you would be why you would support the org by buying a membership, listen to the conference call and publicly announce your support via volunteering your time and then not only allow, but encourage a conspiracy discussion? Step back and look at that. From the outside looking in, I could create my own conspiracy theories as to why someone would do that. I don't do that because again, I have more important things to worry about.

I've always considered you a professional and I supported you both privately and publicly when the anti Beth sentiment took over on PT State. I still have the pm where you thanked me for doing so. I've contributed hundreds of articles and thousands of meaningful posts to TGS. If I haven't convinced you of my desire to put professionalism in front of personality, I suppose I never will.