• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

proper ways to deliver a bid

Lonnie Greenwood

I have been doing a lot of bids lately and i would like to know how many hand deliver or email them?

The reason i ask i have not been hand delivering them i always sell over the phone and email the bid or fax but here lately i have not been able to close a deal my prices have not gone up but i have had to drop them my services have not changed im looking for new ideas on how to hand deliver the bids when it is possible. please help because im struggling here with this. thanks

Ken Fenner

Lonnie, this is what all of us who started as owner/operators eventually face(d). When business is good, we focus on washing. The phone is ringing enough to keep us busy and we do not worry about our closing ratios. When that work runs out however, we may face an open schedule and then have to back peddle or we find we aren't making enough money at the prices that close sales over an email.

What I am going to say, you may not like. The first thing you may have to do is raise your prices. This is what is going to allow you to do more face-to-face sales. I know a few established contractors that have foregone the face to face meetings and now realize, they just aren't making the money they need to make.

Here is a line I've used over and over again on these forums, Lonnie. If all you are giving someone is a price, that is what they use to make their decision. When someone emails a bid, unless they are very articulate, know how to write selling copy, and have already planted seeds during a phone conversation, all they are giving a person is the price. That works well when you are the lowest guy. You know who benefits the most from being low priced? Your employees and your distributors.

DJ Carroll

Spot on Fen Kenner!!!! Spot On!!!

Let me break it down this way ... people want 20g's from you Lonnie ...

You have to make you decision by june 1st at 2 o'clock

guy number one meets with you in march, April, and a couple times in June and even takes you to lunch to discuss why you should give him 20g's and explains how you will benefit from giving it to him!

guy number two faxes you a piece of paper at 1:45 on June first that list all the "stuff" you get for 20g's

WHO YOU GONNA GIVE YOUR MONEY TO? ? ? ? :Smiley-2035:

Florin Nutu

Spot on Fen Kenner!!!! Spot On!!!

Let me break it down this way ... people want 20g's from you Lonnie ...

You have to make you decision by june 1st at 2 o'clock

guy number one meets with you in march, April, and a couple times in June and even takes you to lunch to discuss why you should give him 20g's and explains how you will benefit from giving it to him!

guy number two faxes you a piece of paper at 1:45 on June first that list all the "stuff" you get for 20g's

WHO YOU GONNA GIVE YOUR MONEY TO? ? ? ? :Smiley-2035:

Depends on what was for lunch:biggrin:

Guy Blackmon

Ken & DJ are on the $$$$. Face to Face is what will close the sale, it's more personal, people will remember F2F especially if you give them a reason too.

Appearance, Professionalism, Manners, Demeanor, A Funny Joke (Really!!!) a potential customer doesn't see that over the phone or in a fax.

I hate burning the gas, but you will make up for it in profit margin.

Jeff LeCours

Face to face is great, if you can get to them. The big problem is many, many many are just going for low price, even ones that have been burnt by low price before. Its a whole other world out there right now. I would say 50% of customers that never really looked only for price are now shopping for price. Many don't have the money they used to. As in many commercial retail properties have high vacancy rates, lowering their rents to fill space.HOA's have more foreclosures or slow dues paying, less money in reserves, many apartment communities have high vacancies. Alot of these commercial & large resi are run for investments and less they pay for services or cut services the more they see in their pockets and many just know they can get cheaper rates for the same service
Then many will pay the higher bid and thats where face to face may and will help or just being their present vendor will give you the edge, but as an unknown vendor to them, if you are 10%, 15%, 25% higher, since they don't know you, they often will just go with lower price. I see very very few raising prices, they may say they are, but from many I talk to, they arent. I am seeing some terrible pricing, newbies, coming in slashing prices, established companies, being crazy its a mess in many cases. not all cases, but many.

Face to Face is nice and will help in many cases, but less and less in this economy

My numbers are up just a little bit, but its a lot more work. but I figure more work is what it takes, its more work that I will do to keep growing. I refuse to go low, where I see some clowns going, they can have it, I will find the ones that will pay, for the assurance of quality work & on time service.

Keep going at it Lonnie, just got to work hard at it

Good luck all

DJ Carroll

I have been doing a lot of bids lately and i would like to know how many hand deliver or email them?

The reason i ask i have not been hand delivering them i always sell over the phone and email the bid or fax but here lately i have not been able to close a deal my prices have not gone up but i have had to drop them my services have not changed im looking for new ideas on how to hand deliver the bids when it is possible. please help because im struggling here with this. thanks

no problem man ... you need to come to the KY round table and experience Chuck's 4 HOUR SALES CLASS!!!1 This is going to be balls to the walls stuff man ... I think it would really help you out ...

Lonnie Greenwood

no problem man ... you need to come to the KY round table and experience Chuck's 4 HOUR SALES CLASS!!!1 This is going to be balls to the walls stuff man ... I think it would really help you out ...

I will be at that round table for sure cant wait those are the type RTS that i need the most.