• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Question about cleaning older vinyl siding?

aqua-prosolutions

UAMCC Contractor Member
I am bidding on an older house that has the wide style vinyl siding. Under the eves where it doesn't get any rain to keep the dirt off of the siding. It isn't mold or mildew- it appears to be stained with the dirt. I have dealt with these occasionally but I was wanting to know if anyone has figured out a solution for removing this material.

Ken Fenner

I am bidding on an older house that has the wide style vinyl siding. Under the eves where it doesn't get any rain to keep the dirt off of the siding. It isn't mold or mildew- it appears to be stained with the dirt. I have dealt with these occasionally but I was wanting to know if anyone has figured out a solution for removing this material.

It gets discolored under there. Often times its actually the rest of the siding that has color shifted from the UV exposure. I am assuming you already use a decent house wash soap and sodium hypochlorite in your mix. If that does not take it off, its the siding itself.. nothing you can do.

If the siding under an eave is reddish stained that can be from rust leaching. Oxalic acid will usually take care of it.

plainpainter

My last house wash of the season had this same thing going where the overhang was due to the split level construction. And the homeowner was standing over my shoulder - I downstreamed several times - even brushed it. It wasn't until I poured F-13 directly into my scrub brush and just scrubbed it - did it come out fine.

Randall Brooks

My last house wash of the season had this same thing going where the overhang was due to the split level construction. And the homeowner was standing over my shoulder - I downstreamed several times - even brushed it. It wasn't until I poured F-13 directly into my scrub brush and just scrubbed it - did it come out fine.

Yea I hate that, had an HO come out and bring a lawn chair and sit in the yard watching me this year. Moved all around the house with me. LOL. Wished I'd had some 12.5% with me that day and get him on the down wind side, lol. OOps! He's a good guy though, calls me every year but it was annoying for sure.

James Foley

I 've use diluted Hydrochloric , Phosphoric, and Safe restore Acids on this type of condition with fine results. First I get rid of the Mildew.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member

I have run into this before and we used Glory BC from EACO CHEM but you must kill the mildew first because GLORY BC will not. Apply GBC let stand for 5 min, re apply wait 5 and you wont believe your eyes. Safe for vegitation too.

Jimmy V