• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Residential customers and contracts?

Ryan Saydoff

Hey guys, I am just starting out and have an issue with contracts. I like to have a contract in place that has the price, service, and a disclosure about providing water, closing windows etc. I normally try and email to clients prior to service and have them e-sign the contract and send it back using a fairly simple e-sign site. For my less tech savy customers I try and show up when they are home so I can have them sign a physical contract. This can be a major hassle if our schedules do not align.

My question is do you have your residnetial customers sign a contract for every single job you do (most of my jobs are small residential jobs)? If so, how do you normally have them sign the contract?

Thanks

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Hey guys, I am just starting out and have an issue with contracts. I like to have a contract in place that has the price, service, and a disclosure about providing water, closing windows etc. I normally try and email to clients prior to service and have them e-sign the contract and send it back using a fairly simple e-sign site. For my less tech savy customers I try and show up when they are home so I can have them sign a physical contract. This can be a major hassle if our schedules do not align.

My question is do you have your residnetial customers sign a contract for every single job you do (most of my jobs are small residential jobs)? If so, how do you normally have them sign the contract?

Thanks

We use House Call Pro as our CRM...once the quote is sent they can choose to accept or decline the quote by clicking on either one.

James_Beacon

Honestly unless our contract is over 700ish we don't require that they sign the contracts. We take a prepayment for all jobs and use wording on our site that buy making a prepayment they are agreeing to the terms of the sale and authorize us to do the work. We then collect money typically through a check or credit card right after the job is done. We have never had an issue with a person not paying and have only had one customer take more than two days to pay and that person took two weeks. Not sure if this is the best way to go about it, but it has worked well for us.