• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof Cleaning Contractors & the UAMCC

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now. As a potential UAMCC member, what would you like to see from the association with regard to how they represent you?

I have some thoughts on the matter, but as I've mentioned in another thread, I'll wait until after the KY r/t to expound on any opinions I might have.

Let's talk it up, folks. Fresh eyes and fresh minds can make some positive changes.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:

Ken Fenner

I think we can certainly approach them. They may just hand us back one of their tech bulletins with a "good luck" pat on the shoulder but then again, they may be willing to open a dialogue. Its on our ongoing agenda to form relationships with other organizations, vendors and manufacturers. As always, transparency and non bias are the precedences with everyone we approach.

Barry M

I think they would be more interested in pleasing their members by selling the public on the importance of roof replacement as opposed to having them cleaned, which helps no one in their org.

This is why on their bulletin and Owen Corning's, after describing the what, where, and whys of roof algae, they end with saying these cleaning methods are only temporary. Then they go into the sales pitch on their algae resistant shingles.

But like stated, it may be worth a shot.

Barry M

This doesn't have to do with representation but another important avenue.

I had a convo with another contractor the other day. Maybe it's already on the table or has been previously shot down so forgive me if either is the case.

I know a lot of guys out there washing full time can't afford medical insurance for themselves or the family. Is there anyway that an org like the UAMCC could team up with a health care provider to offer a discounted premium to org members?

Carlos Gonzales

Barry,

Seeems more and more contractors are looking for someone to finally put some serious consideration into approaching a health care provider and pitching the idea.

Barry M

So do you think the insurance idea has merit Carlos?

David, not shooting your idea down by any means. I think it is a great idea, I just have my opinion about what they would say. But by all means it should be looked into. That would do a lot for the roof cleaning side of the industry.

Carlos Gonzales

So do you think the insurance idea has merit Carlos?

David, not shooting your idea down by any means. I think it is a great idea, I just have my opinion about what they would say. But by all means it should be looked into. That would do a lot for the roof cleaning side of the industry.

Barry,

Sure the "idea" of having insurance has merit. Realistically ~ I believe if there was a simple and easy way to jump into this areana it would have been done already!

Should it be looked into...most definately! I am not crossing my fingers or holding my breath but if the health care system is modified to afford an organization such as the UAMCC some manueverability, there could be potential inrows made.

However, I allow myself to consider everything and anything that makes sense. The UAMCC made a promise to the industry...if it makes sense and it benefits contractor's then it should be considered. So from that standpoint we (UAMCC) is obligated to stand by it's word and explore this to see if there is a possibility and also to see if it is prudent from a financial standpoint!!

David Vicars

Barry, I know your not shooting it down.

This thread was started to get ideas out there for Transition Team.
We have a handful of guys working very hard to put this together and
they need more input.

So, I threw that out there and you threw the insurance out there. We need more suggestion. There has been some good discussion in some other threads.

We need more before the KY RT next week.

There have been several comments made here that I'm itching to respond to, but I'm biting my tongue for now. I'll probably have to try to smoke a cigar through duct tape tonite! :D

I really want to see and hear some positive things in KY.

The best thing about it all, with regard to roof cleaning contractors, is the fact that we're working to do the things we need to do to right the ship and set sail to a positive future!

.......and that's what I'm talkin' about! ;)

Carlos Gonzales

The KY Roundtable will be approached and reported on just like the previous Round Tables that were attended by the UAMCC.

I hear ya Don about the cigar...I think I will fire one up tonight also!!

Ships are a great analogy and as with the UAMCC ...we have plotted our course in a direction that keeps us from running aground. Certainly we will have to "come left 2 degrees or right 2 degrees" but all in all the ship is staying on course!

Time for that Churchill!!!!!!