• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Rookie needs Help with a proposal for an apartment complex

Augusto Cordeiro

Hi Guys ! !
I got a call from a manager in an Apartment Complex, They have 12 buildings and they want the STAIRWAYS cleaned, there is a total of 72 stairways. I don't know when it was the last time they got cleaned, probably never. I took several pictures, I just don't know how to get pictures from my Galaxy 4 (android) in here. (If anybody wants to help me with that, that would be much appreciated). Anyway, they are 3 level buildings, with a kind od grey siding that looks really dirt. I think just a normal house wash solution would do the trick. What you guys think? Now here is the trick part, there is a lot and I mean a LOT of rust stain from the metal on stairs and railings. They asked for 2 bids, one just for regular wash top to bottom. and other bid with "Rust Stain Removal". I already know what you guys will say. F9 Barc is the solution, I already spoke with Craig once, I want to be an officially Authorized F9 Applicator. I think there is only one other guy in my state that does. I haven't yet placed my order and filled my application; I will try to get done today, I been busy with my first Commercial Job (Yep ! I got the job for the Post Office, I am doing their 17K SQFT covered parking/garage). Now here is my question for Craig and all those experts out there. How much F9 I will need? I know it's kind of hard to know without looking at, but pretty much all the 72 stairways, every single one has quite a bit of rust. Now what's the best procedure, I should first spray the F9 with my sprayer from top to bottom, then I go and apply my soap with my downstream, and finally rinse all of. How long should I let F9 sit on surface (siding, concrete steps, etc), how long should I let before applying my soap and rinse? How long it should take to clean each stairway ? How much shoud I charge? Please HELP ! I know it's a lot of questions, I apologize. If you prefer to DM me or you can call me at 801-205-1973 . I am new to this business and so far I am loving it. I want to become established, but I know that I still have a lot to learn.
Thanks in advance,

Igor Zaric

UAMCC Board of Directors
Augusto,
It's hard to tell you without seeing a photos...But, it looks like you should be able to clean those stairways in a 2-3 days by yourself...Let say you need 15 min per stairway (moving hoses, truck....). Obviously with 2 guys/machines, faster...Once they are clean, work on those rust stains...A case of F9 will get you a 6 gallons of solution (2:1) and that should be enough ( I guess). For those heavy stains , you need to apply 2-3 times...You can always order more if needed...So, day one you finish 4-6 buildings (24-30 stairways) and then go back and apply F9...It would be better and faster to apply F9, after you cleaned 2 buildings...It's gonna get dry by the time you need to move and you are already there (not going back and forth)...Than move to the next one...Once you done , go back with a pump up sprayer and hit them again...Next day, before you start cleaning again, hit them once again with F9 if needed....Again, this would be my plan, but without seeing a complex layout and stains, it's hard to tell....I hope this helps...

Courtney Smith

Contributing Member
Morning guys,

Anyone available for a quick phone conversation? Let me know, and I will def call. I need assistance, I'm bidding on a complex, and want to make sure I am on the right track. As always, thanks for all the help.