• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

sodium hypochorite and altern

John Kimmel

my pool store is closed close to me what can i use as alt to ds for crazy gal who wants powerwashed ;) i ve heard reg bleach in a pinch but..this is a brick i think mostly

Cameron Queen

I've cleaned 100's of homes with regular store bleach.... If you have an M/X-Jet I always found the black prop to do good work for house washing. Depends how 'dead' a batch of store bleach you get, I would sometimes get some terrible stuff...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Android

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
What Art said and have a pump-up with a stronger mix for the really green/black stuff. Turns it white and makes it easy to remove with a minimum amount of pressure.

John Kimmel

well that answered my question i was gonna ask on why it was so hard today, it was under 50deg, i had to ds 3 times..but some of it was black to begin with, anyway thanks to eric seitz for lending me some of his..:) i was asking him if he gave me 12.5 but he is a roof cleaner so i know he did, prob just cold huh?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
another ? do they make a tip for a pump up sprayer that goes far like 20-30'?

I've never measured it, but 20' plus shouldn't be a problem with a $10 sprayer. (A ladder would help for the high stuff.) The distance depends quite a bit on wind conditions.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
another ? do they make a tip for a pump up sprayer that goes far like 20-30'?

Never seen one that does, of course if they do the distance will go down as the pressure int he tank goes down. Look into the Dual Roof Pump HERE. It's what I use for cleaning Roofs and the occasional house wash. I mostly downs stream houses but will use the electric pumps when it fits the job I am doing.

Vic Irish

Never seen one that does, of course if they do the distance will go down as the pressure int he tank goes down. Look into the Dual Roof Pump HERE. It's what I use for cleaning Roofs and the occasional house wash. I mostly downs stream houses but will use the electric pumps when it fits the job I am doing.

What is downstreaming a house? What are you spraying on that roof? Bleach or snot? What does "ds" mean in the first post of this thread? What is a "10% injector"? Do the machines determine proportions or does the operator just add chemical to 90% water? What is an M/X-Jet? What does "dead store bleach" mean?

Sorry for all the questions, I know I'm asking in the right place!
Thank you for letting me ask...
vic

Josh Davis

What is downstreaming a house? What are you spraying on that roof? Bleach or snot? What does "ds" mean in the first post of this thread? What is a "10% injector"? Do the machines determine proportions or does the operator just add chemical to 90% water? What is an M/X-Jet? What does "dead store bleach" mean?

Sorry for all the questions, I know I'm asking in the right place!
Thank you for letting me ask...
vic

I'm not even sure where to start answering these questions. Call me sometime, and I can spend a couple minutes explaining pressure washing 101 to you, and point you in the right direction to get started. 352-502-8488 -Josh

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2