• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What is the benefit of getting several before and after shots NOT from your company?

I would look at this carefully. By using someone else’s work and “fooling“ your client into thinking it is your work, could be dangerous for your reputation for several reasons.

You also are saying

" Dear customer, these photo's are an example of the quality of work we do, examine these photos to see how we can clean your property."

In other words, you are lying to your potential customer even before you sign a contract. This is not good.

If you cannot perform to the same standards as shown in those photo's, you maybe accused of a bait and switch scheme which could have consequences. At the very least, you will get “ Black listed” by that company.

Another issue maybe, what if a customer may ask where is that location and may want to call them as a reference. If you say that was not your work, the potential customer would wonder why you need someone else’s work in your presentation….What’s wrong with your work?

What would happen if your competitor was to use the same photo in his presentation or if that photo is ever used on the net, again, customers will wonder why you cannot post your own photo.

I have had a garage cleaning company ask me for photos. I gave him 8 or so photos with a water mark placed in the corner of each photo. I did this so that if those photos end up on the net or in a magazine, they will have my watermark to show our clients that this photo, more importantly, this work was done by the Crystal Cleaning Company LLC.

HOWEVER, asking for a photo of damage concrete or of someone who is doing the pressure washing incorrectly, I see nothing wrong with that…AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT POST THE COMPANY NAME under the photo. This is to prevent any law suites.

If you need any good photos, take them yourself !
If you need crappy work, or etching,. then ask. I am sure there are plenty of hack job photo's available.

Lonnie Greenwood

Re: What is the benefit of getting several before and after shots NOT from your compa

I would look at this carefully. By using someone else’s work and “fooling“ your client into thinking it is your work, could be dangerous for your reputation for several reasons.

You also are saying

" Dear customer, these photo's are an example of the quality of work we do, examine these photos to see how we can clean your property."

In other words, you are lying to your potential customer even before you sign a contract. This is not good.

If you cannot perform to the same standards as shown in those photo's, you maybe accused of a bait and switch scheme which could have consequences. At the very least, you will get “ Black listed” by that company.

Another issue maybe, what if a customer may ask where is that location and may want to call them as a reference. If you say that was not your work, the potential customer would wonder why you need someone else’s work in your presentation….What’s wrong with your work?

What would happen if your competitor was to use the same photo in his presentation or if that photo is ever used on the net, again, customers will wonder why you cannot post your own photo.

I have had a garage cleaning company ask me for photos. I gave him 8 or so photos with a water mark placed in the corner of each photo. I did this so that if those photos end up on the net or in a magazine, they will have my watermark to show our clients that this photo, more importantly, this work was done by the Crystal Cleaning Company LLC.

HOWEVER, asking for a photo of damage concrete or of someone who is doing the pressure washing incorrectly, I see nothing wrong with that…AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT POST THE COMPANY NAME under the photo. This is to prevent any law suites.

If you need any good photos, take them yourself !
If you need crappy work, or etching,. then ask. I am sure there are plenty of hack job photo's available.[/QUO

Yes good point that's why i take my own pics and i use them to sale jobs and i give them a demo that way they no what type of service we offer.

this is what we you use and it works great our customers know we did the job and no questions
www.photobucket.com/anrpressurewashinghttp://photobucket.com/anrpressurewashing

i tride to make a link

Jim Cooney

Re: What is the benefit of getting several before and after shots NOT from your compa

:Smiley-2010:

I have always taken before and after pictures of almost every project we have done.

The before pictures are taken not only to present to the customer with the after pictures for a comparison, but to document any pre existing damage done to their property. To date I have yet had 1 single customer accuse us of doing any damage to their property.

Wait, I'll retract that last statement. We did a 2000 sq ft driveway in an upper scale community last year. Rust stain removal from a roof drain. The sealer on the driveway was in terrible shape and I not only documented the condition of the failing sealer, but included in my contract that we could not guarantee what, if any effect the rust removal process would have to the failing sealer coat.

Long story short, the Oxalic acid treatment melted the sealer, left a milky white runoff that wasn't visible when we finished and the driveway was still wet. The customer threatened to sue me, called my insurance company, they settled with the home owner, per my insurance companies recommendation. Home owner is happy now, and I have more work scheduled in the same upper scale community. Won't be doing anymore Oxalic acid treatments on crappy looking sealer jobs anymore. Lesson learned.

Good thread Jim.

Lonnie Greenwood

I have always taken before and after pictures of almost every project we have done.

The before pictures are taken not only to present to the customer with the after pictures for a comparison, but to document any pre existing damage done to their property. To date I have yet had 1 single customer accuse us of doing any damage to their property.

Wait, I'll retract that last statement. We did a 2000 sq ft driveway in an upper scale community last year. Rust stain removal from a roof drain. The sealer on the driveway was in terrible shape and I not only documented the condition of the failing sealer, but included in my contract that we could not guarantee what, if any effect the rust removal process would have to the failing sealer coat.

Long story short, the Oxalic acid treatment melted the sealer, left a milky white runoff that wasn't visible when we finished and the driveway was still wet. The customer threatened to sue me, called my insurance company, they settled with the home owner, per my insurance companies recommendation. Home owner is happy now, and I have more work scheduled in the same upper scale community. Won't be doing anymore Oxalic acid treatments on crappy looking sealer jobs anymore. Lesson learned.

Good thread Jim.

Been doing this myself never had a claim and you are right that is a good reason to take pics

Jim Chesmore

you missed one other point. The customer will visit many sites and see the same picture, this will leave him not able to trust any of those contractors..

Good thread Jim.

WOW. There are many reason for taking a photo of before and after. If I am ever in that position with a sealer, I will take precautions

Thanks Jim