View Poll Results: Should pressure washing companies be licensed??

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 65.63%
  • No

11 34.38%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

Default Re: Should pressure washing companies be licensed

And another.

The charges arose following a complaint filed by a consumer who had contracted with Rivera to build an addition to their home. After Rivera received a check for $82,500 to start the job
    And my tax dollars, which were obtained by the government through the threat of use of deadly force, are going to be used to bail this idiot out.

Roger,

If an MHIC licensed company creates a problem resulting in damage, they are insured and there is a fund the state has to protect the consumer, and something can be done about the contractor.

Unlicensed contractors just keep flying under the radar and hacking away (some do good work, most don't from what I have seen) at property they do not own, causing thousands in damage and no simple and fast recourse for the owner.

Beth
    Last edited by Beth Borrego; 05-17-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added clarity
    See Dirt Run!TM Inc.
    Log Home Maintenance & Restoration, Decks & House Washing
    Beth Borrego & Rod Rodriguez
    Office: 301-540-1243
    Germantown, MD * MHIC# 86481 * VHIC# 2705-126609 * BBB
    The Grime Scene BBS Forums

Quote Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
    I agree that the Government involvement is no good. However, there is a need for US to take an action to either encourage enforcement of the regulations currently imposed on us or remove them. Either way we need to get together on something to HELP us. Tony is correct about it not eliminating hacks. But the current regs we abide by give hacks an unfair advantage to price lower by not abiding by the regulations. It would be great for the UAMCC to be a voice for us and help push one way or another depending on the memberships wishes. Either for enforcement of regs ALREADY in place or to push for less regs.

I am not endorsing the idea of more regs! Only a push for less or for the regs to be enforced.

Hi Mike,

I've already contacted the UAMCC and the PWNA for support on this. I'm still waiting to hear back from both. So far all the polls I have run support licensing for pressure washing contractors with a pretty high margin. In my case, I'm asking the orgs to support sane licensing regulations for Maryland contractors.

Since the UAMCC and PWNA both require members to be licensed if the state requires it, I don't see any reason why they would not support it.
    Henry Bockman 301-216-9675
    Henry's Housework Inc & Commercial Restorations
    13433 Tilford Court Germantown, MD 20874

Quote Originally Posted by Beth n Rod View Post
    Roger,

If an MHIC licensed company creates a problem resulting in damage, they are insured and there is a fund the state has to protect the consumer, and something can be done about the contractor.

Unlicensed contractors just keep flying under the radar and hacking away (some do good work, most don't from what I have seen) at property they do not own, causing thousands in damage and no simple and fast recourse for the owner.

Beth
    And this state fund comes from where? The state fund fairy? It either comes from everyone's pocket (taxes) or from the innocent contractors' pockets (fees and business taxes)

This is what you are advocating? Taking from the innocent to cover the crooked and bail out the stupid.

Are you telling me you see nothing wrong with this scenario?
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Bockman View Post
    Hi Mike,

I've already contacted the UAMCC and the PWNA for support on this. I'm still waiting to hear back from both. So far all the polls I have run support licensing for pressure washing contractors with a pretty high margin. In my case, I'm asking the orgs to support sane licensing regulations for Maryland contractors.

Since the UAMCC and PWNA both require members to be licensed if the state requires it, I don't see any reason why they would not support it.
    The UAMCC only requires proof of insurance

Quote Originally Posted by JL Pressure View Post
    ...and if the state requires a license then we ask for that also!
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tonyshelton View Post
    And this state fund comes from where? The state fund fairy? It either comes from everyone's pocket (taxes) or from the innocent contractors' pockets (fees and business taxes)

This is what you are advocating? Taking from the innocent to cover the crooked and bail out the stupid.

Hey Sontix,

For a contractor that's a LONG way from Maryland, with very little understanding of how things are actually done here by our State and the MHIC, you sure have a strong opinion on this.

I honestly believe if you were a contractor in this state, dealing with the problems were dealing with, you might have a different view of things. All we want is laws that make sense (if they are going to have them) and an even playing field that protects our customers and the local PW industry. Does it make sense to require PW contractors that are doing things the right way, to be licensed and NOT the contractors that are doing things the WRONG way?
    Henry Bockman 301-216-9675
    Henry's Housework Inc & Commercial Restorations
    13433 Tilford Court Germantown, MD 20874

Quote Originally Posted by JL Pressure View Post
    PWNA requires it as well, I have provided both insurance and proof of license to them before.

The BBB also requires you to provide a license number.

Beth
    See Dirt Run!TM Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyshelton View Post

That's right, I see nothing wrong with it at all. I have lived in Maryland all my life, it's not perfect but it not in bad shape compared to many states.

Please don't tell me you think what Bernie Madoff did was ok.....because from what you are writing, all this stuff about if they were so stupid it's their own fault, well that doesn't make it right to do.

Beth
    See Dirt Run!TM Inc.

Do to this subject being so popular we will have Panel discussion and video tape at NCE events.

FYI next one WI June 18 & 19

• Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information