• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Overheating + wire

Florin Nutu

New member
My wire that runs from the positive side of the battery to the silanoid of the starter is overheating when I try to crank the machine on. It melted my silanoid. Bought a new one and It starts to overheat even when I only crank it over for a few seconds. Whats going on here?
 

Carlos Gonzales

New member
My wire that runs from the positive side of the battery to the silanoid of the starter is overheating when I try to crank the machine on. It melted my silanoid. Bought a new one and It starts to overheat even when I only crank it over for a few seconds. Whats going on here?
How old is the battery Florin?
 

Florin Nutu

New member
How old is the battery Florin?
Its a new battery. 2 months old tops. That reminds me... I go thru batteries like crazy. About every siz months they are cappoot. I keep bringing them back to Les scwhab and they keep replacing it with a new one due to the warranty.
 

RMedbery

New member
Theres not much to a starting circuit on a small engine. You have a battery, solenoid, starter, and associated wiring. All 3 components have been changed, did this start happening right after you changed one of them? If so, I would look there, if not, Id start with the free stuff first. Make sure all wiring is in good condition and their connections clean and tight.
 

Mike Schoeben

New member
Is this a 12V skid? If so, that battery is also running your burner. They will die quickly if you don't maintain them regularly.

Sound like a bad solenoid. They stick open and the current draw is too much for the positive wire. It heats up , then melts.
 

Michael Tessaro

New member
make sure the battery wires have clean tight connections. Also the 2 battery wires have to be of substantial size. too small of wiring will cause resistance which causes heat which melts wiring. did you change the wire running to the solenoid? sounds to me like a loose connection somewhere, either on the pos or neg wire. also the battery should last for years not months. http://www.briggsandstratton.com/ has a wiring diagram.
 
Top