• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Question regarding transport

Thomas McMillan

Contributing Member
I found a chemical supplier near my home that has a great price on SH. I can get a 55 gal drum of 12.5% for $94 BUT they are requiring my driver (me) to be hazmat certified. Ok from my understanding the DOT limits transport to 1,000lbs which is roughly 100-125 gallons.

Is the chem supplier right in saying I need to be hazmat certified in order to take possession and transport a 55 gal drum or is that erroneous information? What would stop me from buying 55 one gallon jugs from my local pool store?

Another supplier has SH for $3.66 a gallon and they didn't say anything about needing a hazmat but I didn't think to ask either, maybe it was assumed by them that I had one already.

Thanks in advance