• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Concrete/Deck cleaning chemical?

jutt25

I've posted a couple of questions already and really appreciate the responses! I've done a couple of driveways using a cleaner from a local pressure washing supply house. The results have been very dull in my opion. I have a surface cleaner and have also been using heat. I've been thinking about using a liquid pool chlorine. Would anyone be able to give me a good forumal for using a 4 gallon sprayer. I also would like to know a good mix for decks.

Thanks in advance

Jud West

Hot water and surface cleaner will clean most residential driveways without a cleaner however a good degreaser could be used if oil stains are present. Just follow steps on package. If the driveway is dirty with mold and other everyday contaminants you could soak the driveway with your normal house wash, surface clean with heat, then rinse. After rinsing, downstream pool chlorine over entire driveway. Do not rinse. This will brighten driveway and remove tannin stains.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
First question is what size machine are you using, PSI/GPM?? When I clean driveways, I use cold water only, (at 3000psi/8gpm) and a 21 inch surface scrubber. For smaller driveways I may use a 3500psi/4gpm with a 16 inch scrubber.

You can pre treat driveway with a house wash mix if it is really dirty, heavy mold mildew build up, and let it sit a few minutes, then clean. Then when done apply mix again and allow to dry. This will really brighten up the concrete.

The most important thing when cleaning driveways is to make sure your surface cleaner is properly sized to your machine.

jutt25

Thanks for the reply's! My current setup is a a 3500 psi 4gpm with a 20" Surface cleaner. What is in your housewash mix? What ratio would I mix the 12% at if I was putting it in a 4 gallon pump sprayer? I don't have any experience mixing my own formulas I just use store bought mixes which don't really brighten the concrete at all.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
In a pump up I would mix it 1 gallon SH to 3 Gallons of water, and add some soap. Surface Scrubber may be a little big for that machine, just run 50 Feet of hose only off the Pressure Washer, and you will probably have to move a little slower than if you were to use a 16 inch scrubber.

Get a downstream injector (20-25$) and and downstream your mix onto the driveway instead of using a pump up sprayer. Will cut your time down by 70-80%.

Call Paula Kassander at http://shop.powerwashstore.com/Chemical-Injection-and-Filters_c12.htm and he'll hook you up with the right injector for your machine.

Ken Fenner

Bleach is not the best choice for decks. It can and will be used in certain situations, but there are differing proper techniques for doing a deck prep.

Casey Britton

.....but for driveways, which is what he was asking about, it's the best choice....IMO

Doug, trying to get this chemical mix to a tee. I wash concrete 90% of the time. I recently was introduced to the chemical world. I downstream. Just bought a new injector, 2:1.
In my 5 gallon bucket, what should my mix consist of?

Sent from my iPhone using UAMCC mobile app

First question is what size machine are you using, PSI/GPM?? When I clean driveways, I use cold water only, (at 3000psi/8gpm) and a 21 inch surface scrubber. For smaller driveways I may use a 3500psi/4gpm with a 16 inch scrubber.

You can pre treat driveway with a house wash mix if it is really dirty, heavy mold mildew build up, and let it sit a few minutes, then clean. Then when done apply mix again and allow to dry. This will really brighten up the concrete.

The most important thing when cleaning driveways is to make sure your surface cleaner is properly sized to your machine.

Awesome information!

Quick question about allowing the SH to dry; do you think the concrete would need to be neutralized to bring back the PH if I were to apply a sealer after drying?